You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gobshite Behaviour

Oh Buoy

Thread for all the gobshite mistakes you've made. 

Did one today: Right, I'm fucking blind and wear specs. Went to the gym and forgot what locker I put my stuff in. Walked all around the gym convinced that it was a particular locker. Anxiety kicked in when that locker was completely empty and the lock was gone so asked for help from some lad getting changed. Ended up being in a fucking different locker around the corner, had some poor lad checking all the locks for me because I can't see. Prior to this I was looking at all the lockers so close that it probably looked like I was licking them or trying to rob off with someones stuff. What's worse is I checked the locker that was the right one and put in my code but obviously did it wrong because I'm blind so moved on checking everyone elses locker. 

Felt like a right meff. 

Might have posted this on here a while back but still wakes me up with cold sweats.

At an evening wedding reception ( I worked with the bride ) and in the queue to shake hands with the wedding party I noticed the best man had a black eye , so brilliant said I should have been there earlier as I had obviously already missed the fight . There was a silence that lasted a while and then it was explained that it was a birthmark. I left scorch burns on every other hand I shook.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Might have posted this on here a while back but still wakes me up with cold sweats.

At an evening wedding reception ( I worked with the bride ) and in the queue to shake hands with the wedding party I noticed the best man had a black eye , so brilliant said I should have been there earlier as I had obviously already missed the fight . There was a silence that lasted a while and then it was explained that it was a birthmark. I left scorch burns on every other hand I shook.

Surprisingly made me feel better. Thanks mate.

• Upvote 1