Quantcast
#knifefree - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Seasons

#knifefree

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Which comes back to my main question, was the mayor's office involved?  If it was a cross-party effort it would suggest being underpinned by evidence, unlike the other examples you cite (which were far more proactively tory ideological decisions, not reactions to an ongoing crisis).

Well I'm guessing by Lammy and Abbott's input that it doesn't have cross party consensus, I would trust them to know.   

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Well I'm guessing by Lammy and Abbott's input that it doesn't have cross party consensus, I would trust them to know.    

They are both pretty candid with their reactions, I couldn't say for sure that either would definitely have taken the time to check before tweeting.  The Mayor's office operates pretty independently.  Cross-party involvement, doesn't mean all MPs have been consulted.

edit: I'm not denying the whole thing is on dodgy ground, but just saying that there is scope for this being based on evidence and I don't think publishing the evidence would help the situation in the country.  It's a very difficult, complex issue that might need a range of approaches, so I'm not comfortable with assuming racism as a motivation.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I would hope so.

Obviously a Tory led idea but which think tank sat down and came up with the idea ?

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

They are both pretty candid with their reactions, I couldn't say for sure that either would definitely have taken the time to check before tweeting.  The Mayor's office operates pretty independently.  Cross-party involvement, doesn't mean all MPs have been consulted.

I don't think Sadiq Khan would be up for this.  Just a hunch.

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't think Sadiq Khan would be up for this.  Just a hunch.

Well that's why I want to know.  He's been catching stick for it too and seems to be fairly silent on it.

edit: also I've done the edit thing again... soz

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

With or without knife and fork?

Knife and fork with fried chicken? Fingers with those little napkins thrown straight in the bin, grease everywhere and a village burned to ashes on the way home.

You’re getting to the kids too late if you’re waiting until they’re old enough to go out for tea with their mates. We should do away with the toys inside Kinder eggs and replace them with informative leaflets detailing the perils of modern life. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re getting to the kids too late if you’re waiting until they’re old enough to go out for tea with their mates. We should do away with the toys inside Kinder eggs and replace them with informative leaflets detailing the perils of modern life. 

The most ridiculous post on the thread.  It's dinner, not tea.

• Downvote 2

If they've found a research proven trend between frequenters of such chicken shops and knife crime in London then I'm glad they've done something.  They obviously knew how it would look and the backlash they'd receive for perceived racism.