Quantcast
S**thampton (A) Premier League (17/8/19) - Page 8 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

S**thampton (A) Premier League (17/8/19)

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

We were absolute dog shit that 45. Far too many balls given away and zilch creativity in midfield, I'm desperate for Ox to regain his pre injury form but he's a passenger at the moment. That midfield is as bad as anything I've seen under Jürgen, our front three were having to come deep all the time and thus making it easier for Southampton to defend against. Adrian made a few good saves and of course mane popped up with another Worldie. We're probably a bit lethargic due to our midweek adventures, need to change things in midfield though. I'd snap your hand off for a 1-0 win like. 

Yep, midfield is absolutely the problem, it’s fucking horrible 

The one sliver lining is that we're not being played through, they're not creating chances from play bar the header. Other chance was from a corner. We were okay til Milner went off and they got a bit of confidence and pushed us higher. Our midfield can't get out as they're up against 5 and I think a few diagonal balls to mane and salah would help us to get out. We need Alonso off they bench to knit things together. Fuck, can you imagine him in our side? 

Been saying it for ages but our midfield is just passive. It's like they need Klopp to get the ECG paddle out and electrify some life back into them. 

Win the ball, pass the ball, run around, make angles, track the runner, concentrate, win the 2nd ball, impose yer fucking selves. 

Just now, Anubis said:

Stats on Bein say we had 67% possession first half. Can’t be right.

Roughly what NBCSN had before we even scored.  Didn't seem ike it though.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Stats on Bein say we had 67% possession first half. Can’t be right.

Lots of negative side to side stuff because the midfield offered no out ball. 

Possession is the biggest bullshit statistic there is. 

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Possession is the biggest bullshit statistic there is. 

Brendan does not like this.