Quantcast
S**thampton (A) Premier League (17/8/19) - Page 15 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

S**thampton (A) Premier League (17/8/19)

Adrian was fucking awful, bar a decent reaction save. No idea what goes through a keepers mind when they take so long to do something so simple. Wake up.

That said, 3 points, city dropped points, happy fucking days.

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Adrian played well, made one great point blank save but wtf was he doing? Trying to nutmeg Ings? 

Karius / Mignolet levels of shitness and idiocy right there. 

It was almost like he didn't see him... that's basic, very basic. 

55 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Thought Salah was poor. Few chances shifted awkwardly onto his left when his right would have done the job. 

That one in the second half was like Everton away last season.

Keep hoping to see him create the angle and bend those chances high into the net a la Owen, but he’s hitting the keeper low with them.

I've noticed that short highlights of all the games are now freely available, instead of having to subscribe or sign up to Sky Sports or BT Sport websites. How many people will bother watching MOTD if it's easy to see all the main action within minutes of full time? For one thing, you don't need to sit though some gormless pundit either stating or missing the obvious.

I never expected this game to be a walk in the park given our excursions in midweek. In many ways, it was similar to our encounter at St Mary's last season, where it took a late Salah goal and a clincher from Henderson to walk away with the 3 points. The match thread was in meltdown (more so than usual!) until then.

Sitters missed by Firmino and particularly Ings. Good saves by both goalkeepers. A howler by Adrian to gift Ings what turned out to be a consolation goal. I'm not sure why goalkeepers think they have more time to clear a ball than they do (Mignolet once let a pass go out of play for a corner at Burnley, just by taking way too long to clear it). In Adrian's case I don't think he assessed the situation early enough, and I think he was still hampered by his ankle injury which meant his kicking was weak.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Great result seeing as we played 2 hours in boiling hot temperatures until Thursday morning. Lucky that mistake didn't cost us. A full week until the next game.

Plus travel.

Brilliant result in the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I've noticed that short highlights of all the games are now freely available, instead of having to subscribe or sign up to Sky Sports or BT Sport websites. How many people will bother watching MOTD if it's easy to see all the main action within minutes of full time? For one thing, you don't need to sit though some gormless pundit either stating or missing the obvious.

I never expected this game to be a walk in the park given our excursions in midweek. In many ways, it was similar to our encounter at St Mary's last season, where it took a late Salah goal and a clincher from Henderson to walk away with the 3 points. The match thread was in meltdown (more so than usual!) until then.

Sitters missed by Firmino and particularly Ings. Good saves by both goalkeepers. A howler by Adrian to gift Ings what turned out to be a consolation goal. I'm not sure why goalkeepers think they have more time to clear a ball than they do (Mignolet once let a pass go out of play for a corner at Burnley, just by taking way too long to clear it). In Adrian's case I don't think he assessed the situation early enough, and I think he was still hampered by his ankle injury which meant his kicking was weak.

Evertonians love match of the day, they get to sit through it all and then watch their team at the end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

How was Oxo Chambo?

I thought he was decent, nothing special, but there's a compilation going around twitter of every touch and having watched that, I have to say he was a lot better than I originally thought. Did a lot of important defending as well as helping us get the ball up the pitch a lot.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That one in the second half was like Everton away last season.

Keep hoping to see him create the angle and bend those chances high into the net a la Owen, but he’s hitting the keeper low with them.

This. 

Salah likes to roll the ball in to the far corner and I think a few keepers have worked it out. Should have lifted yesterday’s chance or at the very least put his laces through it.

Fair play to the team they always seem to find a bit like Newcastle last season when after being kicked in the teeth with Barca away they somehow managed to take the points when even looking out on their feet.

We aren't playing great at the minute but as Bob said the "league is a marathon and not a sprint" and as someone else said "form is temporary but class is permanent"...I'm being predictably cliché today 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Fair play to the team they always seem to find a bit like Newcastle last season when after being kicked in the teeth with Barca away they somehow managed to take the points when even looking out on their feet.

We aren't playing great at the minute but as Bob said the "league is a marathon and not a sprint" and as someone else said "form is temporary but class is permanent"...I'm being predictably cliché today 

Agree 110%

5 hours ago, jonnyp said:

This. 

Salah likes to roll the ball in to the far corner and I think a few keepers have worked it out. Should have lifted yesterday’s chance or at the very least put his laces through it.

Agree there , preferably the former.

Not sure what was going on in the home end next to us but they seemed to be fighting each other. Not sure if a Red or two had infiltrated their ranks but it provided some amusement in the second half.

On 18 August 2019 at 18:25, Stickman said:

As Dave pointed out in his Norwich match report, it's actually a marathon sprint against that oil lot.