You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 10 Football Books

Tony Moanero

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I wouldn’t put any Nicky Allt books in a top 10 list. The man comes across as an absolute bellend. Reading his stuff makes me cringe. 

Fair enough, each to their own. You clearly don't know fuck all about him though. You probably took 'Brick up the Mersey Tunnels' as a dig at all wools not just the Wirral lot. 

Have you read that book above? 

515KYEE0KPL._SX299_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

An American who knows basically fuck-all about football writing about a club promoted to Serie B for the first time? It should be a recipe for disaster but instead, it's an absolutely brilliant read. Interesting footnote: the club's publicity-seeking president, Gabriele Gravina, is now the president of the Italian FA!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I can see why you like him though. You’ve got a fair bit in common. You being from Widnes, him from Kirkby and you both still somehow becoming professional scousers. 

But we both know I'm not from Widnes. You actually are from Runcorn and you can never try and hide it unless you shave off 3 toes. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ha. No. I’ve never listened to an audiobook in my life. 

They know you by name in Cronton chippy mert. 

My Nan & Grandad had a farm down Cronton Lane. Thats how I know it. 

You got barred from The Ferry Boat for smelling. 

Image result for tom bower football

Some great stories about Clough, Venables, Slur and Arry. Threats to sue him that were withdrawn by those loveable rogues.

Image result for epic swindle

Bad times to live through, but enjoyable to reflect on what a proper fan fightback can achieve (green and gold tossers should read this).

Image result for the damned united

Wanky Leeds.

27 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Image result for tom bower football

Some great stories about Clough, Venables, Slur and Arry. Threats to sue him that were withdrawn by those loveable rogues.

Image result for epic swindle

Bad times to live through, but enjoyable to reflect on what a proper fan fightback can achieve (green and gold tossers should read this).

Image result for the damned united

Wanky Leeds.

I can’t get on with David Peace’s writing style. The repetition makes it so boring. Couldn’t finish Red or Dead. I quite liked The Damned United film but thought Timothy Spall was terribly miscast as Peter Taylor.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive always been interested in reading this but forgot its title.

It’s a hard read as El Rojo says above, but definitely worth a read. I’d like to think there are things in place that would support the mental health side of things these days, but feel there is still a long way to go.

• Upvote 1