Quantcast
Email this page ( Report: Domestic cup competitions to take a back seat this season. ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• The attacker we need doesn’t need to be a number nine or a false nine or a 10, or a replica of Salah, Mane or Bobby. 
        he needs to be a player that fits our style of play. One who is intelligent, can play with others, either running off them, or feeding them, can press and understand his role in the team.   ideally, he’d also be a terrific finisher, and lighting fast, but a decent combination of those attributes will leave us with a good player who adds to what we have. That’s what we need.   getting hung up on anything else is a fools errand. There’s only one Bobby, nobody else is quite like him, and so that means we can’t get a direct copy, so let’s find the best footballer we can that will compliment what we have and got our style of play. 
    • I like Sarr, he's a nightmare on the last man, with the right service. 
    • For me, goalie is a choice of 2 or 3, but Dudek gets the nod for Istanbul.   Full backs, well, I loved Babbel so he’s in, and due to the paucity in the position in my time I’m going with Riise at left back. I almost picked Staunton, then remembered Aurelio but he just wasn’t ever fit so JAR gets the nod.   Centre back is Wright and Agger.   Midfield is tough. So I skipped to attack. Torres makes it for sure. No way is he getting selected for our best ever, but he was as good as anyone I saw on his day. Partnered with Collymore that sounds pretty frightening.   Wingers are McManaman and Johnston.   so back to the midfield two. I ummed and arred over a few but Masch was such a good player and I probably need a bit of flair so went for Coutinho too.   team:   Dudek Babbel Wright Agger Riise Johnston Mascherano Coutinho McManaman Torres Collymore
    • There was a good thread about our best xi and there was a healthy amount of debate and difference of opinion, but it would be hard to argue any of the players selected couldn’t make it into a best XI. 
        Some might not think Suarez gets close, some might think Trent has a lot left to prove to beat out Neal for example, or that Rob Jones’s injuries stopped him short of the heights required. Some might’ve never seen the likes of Yeats or Hunt, so couldn’t pick them, but they’d all be reasonably argued choices.   But, for example, there’s no way Finnan could be considered in our Best XI despite being a good, solid player for us. Same goes for Houghton from the 80s team, and so on.   So, with footie having finished now for me, not watching any of the European stuff, I thought this might be an interesting take.   its not just the best players left that you didn’t pick for your Best XI, but those that you couldn’t consider picking.   Go on, have a go...
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Now

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway