Quantcast
Email this page ( Report: Domestic cup competitions to take a back seat this season. ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Do we have actual updates, about actual players, on actual loans? Actually, we do...   Harry Wilson : Started for Bournemouth in their bottom-of-the-table clash at Norwich. Subbed off ten minutes before half time, sacrificed after Simon Cook was rewarded for his instinctive fingertip save with an early bath, and the resulting penalty was converted for the 1-0 final score.
      Kamil Grabara : Kept a valuable clean sheet for Huddersfield in their goalless draw at home to Brentford. Not the busiest day for the big Pole in goal.
      Herbie Kane : Played the full 90 minutes in the 1-0 defeat at Hull. Once again, created chances that were not converted; one first-half cross to Bowen in particular should have led to a goal. Also had a shot on goal late in the second half that required a good block. In short: not his fault.
      Rian Brewster : Made his first home appearance for Swansea against Wigan, scoring their first goal in the 2-1 win when running onto a through ball on the left side of the area and finishing from 15 yards into the opposite corner of the goal. Subbed off with five minutes left. Job done.
      Sheyi Ojo : Came off the bench for 25 minutes in the Scottish Cup tie at home to Stranraer, by which time Rangers were 2-0 up and their opponents had run themselves to a standstill. Had a goal ruled out for offside, probably incorrectly.
      Isaac Christie-Davies : Missed out on making a debut for Cercle Brugge with what their website called a ‘knee problem’.
      Taiwo Awoniyi : Not in the match day squad for Mainz against Freiburg, after failing to appear in either friendly game during the club’s winter break in Spain.
      Loris Karius : It can’t be hidden that this has been a bad week for the German. Besiktas lost the first leg of their last-16 cup tie 3-2 at Erzurum, and followed that with a 2-1 home defeat to league leaders Sivasspor, leaving them in seventh, ten points off the top. Consequently the chatter about a permanent move during this window has subsided; you can’t have everything.

• Hang on right. Leicester, 2016/17. Their only Euro appearance in that table. Knocked out in the quarters having played nobody. Yet for that, apparently they earned more than we did the following year as losing finalists. Really?   Go on, how does that work? 
    • My oul fella hates football, so his response to the one time I took him to Anfield - yes, out-of-towners taking all the tickets, don't bottle it up - was to call it "90 of the most boring minutes of my life". However, the one thing he was fascinated by was the singing. Why did everyone start singing there? What was the cue? Who took the lead? Why does everyone know the words? The clientele didn't strike him as the type to be part of light opera societies. I thought of that watching the videos from the Kop of as the ripple of "we're gonna win the league!" turned into a roar. A guttural roar. Catharsis is right.
    • That graph really is a stark indication as to how important Champions League progression really is, our games coming up against Atletico Madrid are absolutely vital.
    • It isnt about individual players its about the team. Didnt Paisley say something like "they may not be the best individually but in a 4-4-2 they're not bad."   I'd have 3 clones of Kante     
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors