You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Silly And Not So Silly 19/20 Season Predictions

Bjornebye

• I've just put on the sperm of gollum thread that he will get sacked the week before we play them at old trafford and the new managers first game will be us. Get them right up for it at home etc and beat us. 

• Andy Carroll will get double figures. 

• De Bruyne will win player of the year. 

• Sheff Utd will fail to get to 20 points all season. 

• Wolves will be in the top 3 at Christmas then fade away. 

• David Luiz will score an own goal against Chelsea. 

1. Adrian will be the best back up keeper we’ve ever had. 

2. Hoever and Brewster will establish themselves as quality squad options. 

3. We’ll definitely win at least one trophy this season and possibly three. 

4. City will fall short in Europe yet again. 

5. Spurs will be serious title challengers. 

6. The Mancs will finish outside the top six. 

7. We’ll win the league. 

I’ll leave you to decide whether they’re silly or not. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

1. Adrian will be the best back up keeper we’ve ever had. 

2. Hoever and Brewster will establish themselves as quality squad options. 

3. We’ll definitely win at least one trophy this season and possibly three. 

4. City will fall short in Europe yet again. 

5. Spurs will be serious title challengers. 

6. The Mancs will finish outside the top six. 

7. We’ll win the league. 

I’ll leave you to decide whether they’re silly or not. 

1. Peggy.

2. They'll probably have to.

3. I really, really hope we take the domestic cup competitions seriously. We haven't won the FA Cup for 14 years.

4. Yep, as will PSG. The European Cup is for big clubs.

5. They'll be at least 15 points off top, but comfortably ahead of 4th.

6. Strongly agree, I see no reason why the likes of Wolves and Leicester can't finish ahead of them. It would probably only take about 60/65 points.

7. We are going to need a lot of luck with injuries, and a couple of crucial ones for City. Emerson and the holding midfielders would be nice. Get Bravo back in nets, and weaken their ability to commit (without punishment) 400 tactical fouls every fucking game.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Seasons said:

BT Sport have created a machine learning and sports data predictive model for the 19/20 season called ‘The Script’. Here is the final table according to the model.

u78wpsq676i31.jpg

Mad if that ends up being the table. 

• 3 months later...

I'm desperately trying to moderate my expectations, but - even allowing for the inevitable toll on our league form that the next 2 or 3 months' fixtures will take - I'm struggling to see Leicester or Man City catching us.

I'm saying this in early December  (which just feels wrong). But, seriously, Leicester haven't got the legs, have they? Aren't they going to be like last year's Spurs?  And for Citeh to catch us, we need to lose 5 more games than they do; we who have lost one in the last 60 or something, have to lose 5 in the next 22 (while Citeh win the lot).

I'm trying to restrain myself until, say, the end of February, but it's hard.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm desperately trying to moderate my expectations, but - even allowing for the inevitable toll on our league form that the next 2 or 3 months' fixtures will take - I'm struggling to see Leicester or Man City catching us.

I'm saying this in early December  (which just feels wrong). But, seriously, Leicester haven't got the legs, have they? Aren't they going to be like last year's Spurs?  And for Citeh to catch us, we need to lose 5 more games than they do; we who have lost one in the last 60 or something, have to lose 5 in the next 22 (while Citeh win the lot).

I had a look at our fixtures last night. The 6 after we get back from Qatar are tough and January was when we struggled last year.

Leicester (a)

Wolves (h)

Sheffield United (h)

Spurs (a)

Man United (h)

Wolves (a)

If we're still well clear after that run I may allow myself to be confident we'll do it.

Nothing is won until the maths say its  won. I'm not about to count any chickens just yet, but we're in the strongest position we've been in since we've won it and that makes me happy. I will continue to exude that happiness until it is taken away from me. If it's never taken away, then Liverpool will have won the league.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is exactly where I'm at.  I don't want to think too much about it in case I jinx the fucker, but it would need a major meltdown from us now to even give the trailing pack a sniff.

Looking at our record in the Premiership and CL in last season and this, a major meltdown across half a dozen games or so just isn't on the cards.  And no way are City winning all their remaining games, they've slipped off their peak this season while we've stepped it up.  Leicester will quietly grind efficiently away but will be dependant on fuckups from us to capitalise, and I don't see them winning every game either.

It's the elephant in the room, and I'm with AoT about wearing blinkers until the end of February.

Plus we have something no other club or team has got.  We've got Klopp.

• Upvote 1