Quantcast
VAR shit show 19/20 - Page 22 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Philtrum

VAR shit show 19/20

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

They’re not taking a risk, the ball only has to overlap the line, so it would be practically impossible to overturn a goal from a replay unless it was truly egregious.

 

nothing to worry about. Won’t happen.

I know the laws,Bob,but I(my lad more so) just think we should be removing even the hint of controversy given how utter shite this VAR lark is turning out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I know the laws,Bob,but I(my lad more so) just think we should be removing even the hint of controversy given how utter shite this VAR lark is turning out to be.

MOTD mentioned VAR couldn't look at Southampton's first goal (possible rolling ball) because they can't look at restarts.  I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, No2 said:

MOTD mentioned VAR couldn't look at Southampton's first goal (possible rolling ball) because they can't look at restarts.  I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

This just makes VAR even more shit and another reason it should be binned off as quickly as you can say 'Mike Riley is a gigantic thundercunt.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The whole country.

9A534B45-D5FF-4953-8516-209FFE85C3FE.jpeg

I'm so glad Firmino's armpit was ruled offside.

 

(Actually, I'm genuinely hugely amused by the national piss-boiling every time there's a VAR call in one of our matches.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This just makes VAR even more shit and another reason it should be binned off as quickly as you can say 'Mike Riley is a gigantic thundercunt.'

As others have said , I don't think the var can get involved with that, it's for the on field officials. But it's strange the way millimetres matter on offside, but not other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

D11222ED-38DD-4370-A348-A08CE614A7F8.png

I've said it many times  - forget Gerrard's slip and the Palace 3-3 and all that; we just needed one linesman to get one call correct and, all other things being equal, we'd have been Champions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've said it many times  - forget Gerrard's slip and the Palace 3-3 and all that; we just needed one linesman to get one call correct and, all other things being equal, we'd have been Champions. 

Not with Rodgers in charge we wouldn't. He'd have found another way for us to slip up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2019 at 16:31, viRdjil said:

This is quite nice. I think the PL should copy it and give the referees a chance to explain their calls.

 

 

They won't want to though, mainly because it would mean they would have to be consistent. I think the pressure will build until they have to and maybe that's the point at which things get better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2019 at 13:48, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm so glad Firmino's armpit was ruled offside.

 

(Actually, I'm genuinely hugely amused by the national piss-boiling every time there's a VAR call in one of our matches.)

Don’t forget though, that was the one in the game we would have won easily anyway, and also, it was done because, now and again, one has to go against us to keep the conspiracy balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That one ruled out yesterday for Norwich was a fucking outrage. Then when var realises it's fucked up because it doesn't know the laws of the game (claimed he was offside because pukki had come back from an offside position), it produces an image a bit later without the ball with another armpit offside and then it was just a regular offside. It's just shocking, they're using technology now to cover up bad decisions. (After the lino getting it right too)

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG-20191228-WA0008.jpg

The full image with the ball in shot is pretty telling too- the ball's a blur, so they haven't caught it exactly as it left the player's foot as the camera is shooting at an insufficient frame rate. How they can then make a decision so fine is ludicrous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole armpit argument is completely silly though isn't it. 

 

When has a goal ever been scored by hitting someone's fucking armpit? 

 

Have var for a number of reviews per half, drop that stupid line thing where they claim someone is off by a millimetre, and let's get on with the fucking game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make it the front fucking foot. How hard can it be to have decent camera positions and framerate in this days and age. And use the fucking pitxh moniters as they do where the damn VAR thing work at a decent level. Incompetence of the highest order, when the refs get to draw crooked cheating lines to try and save the old boys club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Just make it the front fucking foot. How hard can it be to have decent camera positions and framerate in this days and age. And use the fucking pitxh moniters as they do where the damn VAR thing work at a decent level. Incompetence of the highest order, when the refs get to draw crooked cheating lines to try and save the old boys club.

 

Exactly. And for those who ask "what about when both feet are in the air?", players don't usually jump until well after the ball has been played because they are always trying to time their jump. The authorities have needlessly complicated the offside rule when all it requires is a simplification of what can be construed as offside, and where the technology can easily help to clear things up when it's marginal.

 

A change is required but it would be best not to do so until the end of the season, otherwise it would be like those World Cups where referees were told to clamp down on certain infringements, resulting in a flurry of red and yellow cards in the group stages, before they were then asked to calm things down in the knockouts. What would have had a material effect on the outcome of matches early on suddenly had no bearing on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

 

Exactly. And for those who ask "what about when both feet are in the air?", players don't usually jump until well after the ball has been played because they are always trying to time their jump. The authorities have needlessly complicated the offside rule when all it requires is a simplification of what can be construed as offside, and where the technology can easily help to clear things up when it's marginal.

 

A change is required but it would be best not to do so until the end of the season, otherwise it would be like those World Cups where referees were told to clamp down on certain infringements, resulting in a flurry of red and yellow cards in the group stages, before they were then asked to calm things down in the knockouts. What would have had a material effect on the outcome of matches early on suddenly had no bearing on anything.

And even if both feet are in the air, one's going to be in front of the other. If the technology can draw lines parallel to the pitch based on someone's centre of gravity, then I'd imagine it could do it with the closest foot to the goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An easy way,just for now,would be to give the Stockley Park pricks a maximum of say 5-10 seconds to find an obvious fault otherwise just go with the official's decision. Its killed goal celebrations but waiting a few seconds is infinitely more bearable than minutes wasted looking at screens and replays all for the benefit of television.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×