You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR shit show 19/20

Davelfc

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It was a foul. Regardless of how Origi acted it was a foul. How can you not see that?! 

It was a foul one one day, and not on another. He was kicked, for sure, but those don’t get given all the time, and the game would be turd if they did.

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He went down too easily. He miscontrolled the ball and dived IMO.

I agree he miscontrolled the ball. But the foul was clear. The laws of the game do not say your touch has to be good or that you need to be in possession of the ball for it to be a foul. That is some type of motd reinvention of the laws of the game when they need to support a decision. He actually gets kicked twice, once to his left leg and once to his right. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

And the biggest problem now with VAR is that it's basically just a tool to confirm a referee's decision, at least as it pertains to the Premier League. There's absolutely no point in having it if you're too scared it's going to undermine what referees do.

Its use has been just comical. Either they've given it way too much importance like at the World Cup or they're too scared to use it, like in England. Might as well just scrap it if you're not smart enough to use it correctly.

There were at least 2 goals ruled out this weekend by var, both of which were much more difficult to call than the origi one. In fact one of them I still don't know what it was ruled out for and I've seen it about 6 times. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I agree he miscontrolled the ball. But the foul was clear. The laws of the game do not say your touch has to be good or that you need to be in possession of the ball for it to be a foul. That is some type of motd reinvention of the laws of the game when they need to support a decision. He actually gets kicked twice, once to his left leg and once to his right. 

This is spot on.

It's a clear foul. It's not the worst foul in history, but it's definitely a foul.

Sometimes I find it helps to imagine the shoe on the other foot. Imagine that Robertson had kicked Rashford in the calf like that and the ref called a foul as we broke the other way. You wouldn't be upset with the referee at all. If anything you'd be upset with Robertson for kicking him when we already had the ball and were on the break.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This is spot on.

It's a clear foul. It's not the worst foul in history, but it's definitely a foul.

Sometimes I find it helps to imagine the shoe on the other foot. Imagine that Robertson had kicked Rashford in the calf like that and the ref called a foul as we broke the other way. You wouldn't be upset with the referee at all. If anything you'd be upset with Robertson for kicking him when we already had the ball and were on the break.

Neville used the show on the other foot line after the game last night and said he'd want the foul. Now if even that rat faced manc cunt can see it is a foul, I don't understand why there's debate.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Neville used the show on the other foot line after the game last night and said he'd want the foul. Now if even that rat faced manc cunt can see it is a foul, I don't understand why there's debate.

Some other pundits didn’t think it was, Gary Lineker for one.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Which is essentially the point. Some think it was a foul, some don't. Hence, though fouls are subjective, it was not a clear-cut decision at all. There are stonewall fouls. That wasn't one.

40 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It was a foul one one day, and not on another. He was kicked, for sure, but those don’t get given all the time, and the game would be turd if they did.

We are all talking about the foul after about a hundred replays but I didn't think it was a foul in real time as Origi miscontrolled and looked to be going down before contact was made by the defender. That is why I called it as a non foul myself. The bigger issue is how we switched off and they scored seconds later,from an attack starting 70 yards from goal. The lesser surprise is that VAR is dogshit,just as many of us forecast and is now overshadowing the actual game due to the appalling ability of said officials.

• Upvote 1

Whether you think it's a foul or not and I think it was in the context of this match Atkinson had given a free kick every time a Utd player went down and at times with less contact than Origi. 

Which is why it made it baffling and annoying he didn't give this one 

29 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Whether you think it's a foul or not and I think it was in the context of this match Atkinson had given a free kick every time a Utd player went down and at times with less contact than Origi. 

Which is why it made it baffling and annoying he didn't give this one 

Not baffling to me.

8 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I think we can all agree that Martin Atkinson is a cunt. Yes?

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Which is essentially the point. Some think it was a foul, some don't. Hence, though fouls are subjective, it was not a clear-cut decision at all. There are stonewall fouls. That wasn't one.

Yes, which is why, although I personally think it was a foul, I wasn't surprised or particularly aggrieved that it wasn't given. How can they justify the calls in the other games though, which were equally subjective? 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I don't believe linekar said it wasn't a foul. He said he thought goals shouldn't be ruled out for fouls like that. It's not the same thing. If we want to go down that line, I think both their goal and Mane's goal should stand. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Anyone who doesn't think it was a foul on Origi is welcome to meet me at the nearest KFC, whereupon I shall kick them in the calf while wearing studded boots. Afterwards they will be invited to reevaluate their position.

I think it was a foul. Bastard! 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Anyone who doesn't think it was a foul on Origi is welcome to meet me at the nearest KFC, whereupon I shall kick them in the calf while wearing studded boots. Afterwards they will be invited to reevaluate their position.

It wont be as bad if you are already toppling over as if looking for a lost chicken nugget.

• 2 weeks later...