You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR shit show 19/20

Davelfc

2 minutes ago, Lario said:

He still got kicked!

Fucking hell. 

I know it's mental!! Given the context of the game if it was the other way it with the cunt in charge it defo would have been given and probably earned our player a booking along with it. 

Anyway I look forward to Shearer and Co agreeing with aRdja on this

4 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

It was a foul for me but it was pretty obvious that it wasn't going to get overturned given how VAR's been used this season. It was completely consistent with that so any shout of bias regarding the use of VAR today doesn't stand up for me. The refereeing today though was definitely a little bit off. 

We still should have defended the break away better as the 'foul' was in United's defensive third/middle third. We conceded a poor goal and I'd like to think Klopp will be focusing on that element rather than the clusterfuck that is VAR.

• Upvote 1

Just now, viRdjil said:

Doesn’t make it right. Origi should’ve been stronger. Our front three was woeful all game.

A foul's a foul.  Agree with you on the front three, though a bit of that is on Klopp imo playing Mane on the wrong side

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

We still should have defended the break away better as the 'foul' was in United's defensive third/middle third. We conceded a poor goal and I'd like to think Klopp will be focusing on that element rather than the clusterfuck that is VAR.

Agree completely.  Just when we are playing these cunts we need every bit of good fortune coming our way.  Pity we didnt start Keita and Milner

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Agree completely.  Just when we are playing these cunts we need every bit of good fortune coming our way.  Pity we didnt start Keita and Milner

I thought AOC did well when he came on and Keita did ok too. Henderson was poor,probably due to fuckin England games and I agree Milner was worth a start.

46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't think the first one was a foul. Origi was going down as soon as his first touch was shite. The 'handball' law is now a farce.

So you don't think there was contact on Origi from behind despite every angle showing there was?

How easy he goes down is irrelevant, I understand your argument in terms of maybe Atkinson thought he dived but once VAR sees contact from behind it a clear and obvious error

Atkinson is one of the most consistent refs around , consistently shit.that is  He  proved that in the second half when he didn't book I think it was Young for a blatant trip .

The Origi challenge isn't even up for debate it's a foul and always is. . If that's on a Utd player it's given and  I wouldn't argue about it if it was given .

As for Atkinson job done as far as he's concerned as he's the centre of attention again 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It was a foul every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Except this Sunday. 

Whoever said if that was on a United player it would have been given was spot on. That ref today was a blatant homer, especially in the first half.  

I thought thr second half was even worse personally. They, committed 2/3 blatant yellow card offences and nothing from him. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was saying this in the pub with a mate. They had what, 2-3 players on the break and we had 3 players in front of the ball and two closely behind the break? VVD is running nowhere and Robbo is out of opposition, Matip should have had Rashford covered and Trent boxed off the back post. If VVD moves towards the player, that cross is questioned and it could prevent what is a boss cross. 

All ifs and buts but you had perfect opportunity to push him further to the corner or cross earlier but like the majority of the game, we offered them plenty of time on the ball. 

17 minutes ago, Seasons said:

I was saying this in the pub with a mate. They had what, 2-3 players on the break and we had 3 players in front of the ball and two closely behind the break? VVD is running nowhere and Robbo is out of opposition, Matip should have had Rashford covered and Trent boxed off the back post. If VVD moves towards the player, that cross is questioned and it could prevent what is a boss cross. 

All ifs and buts but you had perfect opportunity to push him further to the corner or cross earlier but like the majority of the game, we offered them plenty of time on the ball. 

The time we gave them on the ball,especially down Robbo's side and in the first half,was staggering. Robbo's assist for Lallana to equalise at least offered a crumb of comfort. It was Robbo wasn't it?

VAR shouldn‘t have been needed yesterday if that tory looking twat Atkinson had half a clue about reffing. All VAR is supposed to do is give shit refs an alibi for carrying on being shit. Fat John Moss was Atkinson‘s back up yesterday, these two are the epitome of clueless officiating. They shouldn‘t be allowed in the same country never  mind working together. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, an tha said:

This reply nails it....Hang on but the "foul" on Jonny Evans yesterday that saw a goal disallowed was according to him on MOTD the correct decision?

How did he call that villa one too? Another decision from VAR where it's even really hard to be sure what foul is called. The bar for overturning decisions seem to only be high when it suits people. 

Just now, Barry Wom said:

How did he call that villa one too? Another decision from VAR where it's even really hard to be sure what foul is called. The bar for overturning decisions seem to only be high when it suits people. 

That shouldn’t have been called either. Real soft.

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The time we gave them on the ball,especially down Robbo's side and in the first half,was staggering. Robbo's assist for Lallana to equalise at least offered a crumb of comfort. It was Robbo wasn't it?

Can we not play poorly, but still expect better from the officials? 

Of course they got in a lot down our left, origi is pretty poor without the ball. But it doesn't mean easy free kicks shouldn't be given and that one was easy. 

10 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Can we not play poorly, but still expect better from the officials? 

Of course they got in a lot down our left, origi is pretty poor without the ball. But it doesn't mean easy free kicks shouldn't be given and that one was easy. 

I gave up expecting anything from PL officials years ago,and I mean that in all honesty. It is no coincidence that there were no PL officials at the last world cup and yet 'lesser' countries such as Iran,Algeria etc had refs who were doing a competent job.