Quantcast
VAR shit show 19/20 - Page 13 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
блядь

VAR shit show 19/20

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Right. I mean, predicting what would have happened is always going to involve some element of guesswork. For instance, who is to say that if that disallowed City goal had been given, that Spurs wouldn't have gone up the other end and scored themselves. It's definitely not a perfect science. But what we can say is that VAR worked considerably in our favour against Chelsea, and also when City played Spurs.

There’s a possibility that the linesman might have flagged Mount anyway if there was no VAR. They’re encouraged not to flag if it’s marginal and to trust VAR to get it right.

21 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Chelsea is exactly what I'm thinking of. It would have been 1-1, instead it was 2-0 to us about 2 minutes later. Given our second half performance, do you see us picking up 3 points if we go in 1-1 at half-time rather than 2-0? I don't.

But even at 1-1 and playing poorly,this Liverpool team is capable of digging something out. Its why we are where we are at the moment and have become over the last couple of seasons. VAR didn't give us anything yesterday did it either? I thought the ref gave the pen and VAR simply confirmed it?

• Upvote 2

How are they managing to ruin football with this shit!

Classic scenes at Spurs where VAR gave a goal but the scoreboard said VAR:NO GOAL. Even while waiting for the kick-off to resume play, Ali didn't know whether it was a goal or not.

Some shocking decisions today from VAR. Really, I don't get it. What is it trying to do? Are they just trying to distract us from how shit the refs are and have us talking about var instead of shit refs?

I never wanted var to begin with, but it's got to be said it's even worse than I thought it was going to be. 

• Upvote 1

VAR isn't the problem lads, it's the bent fuckers judging the video evidence wrongly and in favour of their incompetent mates on the pitch. 

• Upvote 3

I wonder if the benefit to the game justifies the cost.

To me it hasn't significantly made a positive impact on the game.

...I like the goal-line technology though.

• Upvote 2

Just keep it for offsides and goal line stuff.

It's clear the officials in England are far too shithouse to actually change any of the penalty decisions.

• Upvote 2

I think the corner must have curled out of play. The way the players reacted suggested they didn't have any issue with the decision. The commentary team and the TV director kept looking for a foul in the replays when that might not have been the issue at all.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Just keep it for offsides and goal line stuff.

It's clear the officials in England are far too shithouse to actually change any of the penalty decisions.

Wouldn't even bother for offsides....just go with the linesman. Maybe stick a linesman on both wings...if they both flag give it. If not...play on.

I think we can manage with human error....but make the human err on the side of the attacker a bit more.

Saw something on BBC Sport saying that only one decision has been overturned other than strictly factual stuff like offsides ( Didn't say who or where it was but it must have been some fuck up by the ref ). Thought when Riley admitted last month to four bad non-overturns it would change a tad but not a bit of it. Said it a while back , the system will never get sorted unless independent VAR analysts are used.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Saw something on BBC Sport saying that only one decision has been overturned other than strictly factual stuff like offsides ( Didn't say who or where it was but it must have been some fuck up by the ref ). Thought when Riley admitted last month to four bad non-overturns it would change a bit but not a bit of it. Said it a while back , the system will never get sorted unless independent VAR analysts are used.

There is your answer there 'Riley.' What a cunt of an excuse for a referee that gobshite was,and now he's in charge! Madre de dios.

• Upvote 1

Goal line technology is perfect, offsides a tad more complicated in some cases but generally could be handled by technology. Everything else those incompetent officials seem to be fucking up royally. 

If they're this bad with the video technology available, then it goes to show just how utterly bad they were before, although that won't be news to most football fans. 

Today will be interesting, this and the city game are the ones that I've been concerned about. This one because let's be honest here, the mancs spent years getting favourable decisions from officials. VAR has proven so far it's anything but logical and as previous posters and myself have said, is just one ref covering another refs arse. 

I don't know which of the idiots they have in the VAR booth today but it's them that might fuck us over. 

10 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why was the Everton goal disallowed today?

Everton player obstructs a defender. Didn’t look anything in it to be honest, but would have been excellent for the fume if West Ham had equalised.

This new handball law seems unfair to me.

If ball hits attackers arm/hand regardless of it being an accident then it is handball, no argument, no room for any other call - but for defenders there is this silhouette lark/still objectivity.

Does not sit right for me that. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

If ball hits attackers arm/hand regardless of it being an accident then it is handball, no argument, no room for any other call - but for defenders there is this silhouette lark/still objectivity.

I'm ok with that as long as it is the same for everyone. What I can't stand is that a corrupt useless cunt cannot be overruled because some Shithouse hundreds of miles away doesn't want to admit that refs make lots of clear and obvious errors. This is the bit that is killing VAR.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

This.

Under the law the Mane goal should have been disallowed do VAR was right on that, it is the rule that is long.

You could potentially get a situation where the ball bounces off a defenders arm inadvertently onto an attackers arm who is a yard away, the attacking team scores but the goal is disallowed for handball.

The first one was bullshit and noone can convince me that wasn't a foul, if VAR ain't overturning that then there is no point in it.