You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Definitely Maybe - 25 Years Old

Bjornebye

Released 25 years ago this month (Feel old as fuck)

Say what you like about Oasis and the Gallagher brothers but this album was, is and always will be a masterpiece. 

My favourite album of all time. Noel himself said he couldn't write an album like this again because its about being on your arse with only cigs, ale and drugs to look forward too. He was a millionaire not long after. 

A1MwUGoda7L._SS500_.jpg

414ASITBj3L.jpg

Was made up I got to get this picture taken. 

10346441_10152239185995685_4037135427674

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It depends on how many copies are pressed.   

Sure, I’m no expert but it says a limited amount are being printed so I’m assuming it won’t still be knocking around years from now.

Combined with Oasis stuff normally costing a fortune after it stops being pressed it looks like a decent bet.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Sure, I’m no expert but it says a limited amount are being printed so I’m assuming it won’t still be knocking around years from now.

Combined with Oasis stuff normally costing a fortune after it stops being pressed it looks like a decent bet.

It would be useful to know for collectors how "limited" it is.  My guess would be 10,000+ copies but you never know.  There comes a point where supply easily outstrips the amount of hardcore collectors.  If you're buying one my advice would be to leave it sealed.  

10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It would be useful to know for collectors how "limited" it is.  My guess would be 10,000+ copies but you never know.  There comes a point where supply easily outstrips the amount of hardcore collectors.  If you're buying one my advice would be to leave it sealed.  

I wouldn't count myself as a hardcore collector but if there is something I really like, such as this, I'll normally buy two and keep one sealed.

To be honest I buy loads of stuff and then can't bring myself to open it. I got Us and us only by The Charlatans for example which had never been reissued on vinyl since its release in 1999. Limited Edition Transparent Vinyl, limited to 2150 Copies and released on record day 2019. That will probably just sit on my shelf unopened until I die and my daughter flogs it on eBay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Special edition vinyl. This will be worth a fortune in a couple of years. 

http://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/Pre-Orders/Definitely-Maybe-25th-Anniversary-Edition-Silver-Vinyl/67WF0JXN000

I have the first pressing of the original album. Reckon that's going to be worth more. Never sell anything obviously. 

I find it a bit mad that The Stooges first album is 50 this week. That places Oasis exactly half way between the Stooges inventing punk way before punk and where we are now. 

Freaks my nut out to this day 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I have the first pressing of the original album. Reckon that's going to be worth more. Never sell anything obviously. 

I find it a bit mad that The Stooges first album is 50 this week. That places Oasis exactly half way between the Stooges inventing punk way before punk and where we are now. 

Freaks my nut out to this day 

That is a bit mad, Oasis blowing up feels like it was about 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Thanks. They're a pair of smug manc cunts who I'd pay money to watch fight each other to the death. 

Fuck that.

There's a chance one of them would still be alive afterwards.