You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funniest actors ever?

Elite

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

As good as John Cleese was in Fawlty Towers, Andrew Sachs as Manuel stole the show for me. He doesn’t even have to say anything, as soon as he comes into shot he just creases me up. Brilliant 

Without a doubt Manuel was funny but the best episodes are Cleese at his finest. The Germans and The Psychiatrist for example. 

I love Cleese and Monty Python but he broke my heart by blanking me in New York the lanky streak of piss. 

On 07/08/2019 at 16:35, Dougie Do'ins said:

Always used to like Kenneth Williams in the carry on films. His facial expressions used to have me in stitches.

Michael Crawford in Some Mothers do Ave Em has to be worth a shout.

Loved Some Mothers...

And you mentioned John Candy as well. Used to be a show in Canada called SCTV; it was hilarious. Rick Moranis and Eugene Levy were in it. As was Catherine O’Hara. 

Used to be a show called The Goodies I remember watching was funny as well.

Someone should start a thread of comic partnerships. AoT mentioned that Wilder and Pryor didn’t work but Martin and Candy in Planes, Trains did. 

Ferrel and John C Reilly

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

Michael Richards as Kramer. Go and watch some of the Seinfeld outtakes on Youtube. The others really struggle to keep a straight face when he gets going.

Seinfeld was genius, the secondary characters especially.

Newman - when you control the mail control information 

Frank Costanza- Festivus is your heritage 

Mr Peterman- Elaine I never knew Kennedy had such a temper