You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

Poor on the goal

Not a Karius level blunder, more Ming not stopping shits he could/should. That's the difference is average and great keepers though. Alisson should be back next time out and Adrian has done a decent job overall

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Poor on the goal

Not a Karius level blunder, more Ming not stopping shits he could/should. That's the difference is average and great keepers though. Alisson should be back next time out and Adrian has done a decent job overall

That's just nonesense about the goal.

I deffo thought he should have saved that. But here's the thing, despite that, there's only about 3 goalies in league clearly better than him. I could easily see the likes of Leno or or trex letting that in too. All in all, I think is done fucking great - he made a cracking save again today that got flagged offside, but he didn't know that at the time. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I deffo thought he should have saved that. But here's the thing, despite that, there's only about 3 goalies in league clearly better than him. I could easily see the likes of Leno or or trex letting that in too. All in all, I think is done fucking great - he made a cracking save again today that got flagged offside, but he didn't know that at the time. 

Exactly 

That's why I wasn't having a pop at him. It's one of those that a Alisson, de Gea(when he was playing well), Neuer make. It's why they are the best in the world. You want your keeper saving, occasionally they will. Its not a camera save but it's the saves that generate 6-12pts a season

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Exactly 

That's why I wasn't having a pop at him. It's one of those that a Alisson, de Gea(when he was playing well), Neuer make. It's why they are the best in the world. You want your keeper saving, occasionally they will. Its not a camera save but it's the saves that generate 6-12pts a season

Well at least in this situation it made no difference, we got 3 points anyway. If Alison is back for the manc game, Adrian won't have cost us a point. 

Guest Pistonbroke
31 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Better than Mig and Karius. An excellent backup keeper who is doing us proud.  

It'll be a quiz question sometime in the future. 

'Which Goalkeeper had a 100% win factor whilst playing in the PL season 2019/2020?' 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 05/08/2019 at 15:23, AngryofTuebrook said:

Bienvenido a Anfield, lad!

A free upgrade on Mignolet. Not a bad bit of business. 

On 06/10/2019 at 09:29, rb14 said:

Better than Mig and Karius. An excellent backup keeper who is doing us proud.  

On 28/09/2019 at 17:50, Captain Turdseye said:

Whoever first suggested on here that Adrian stays in ahead of Alisson must be a right dickhead. 

Earlier in the season it looked like he had the confidence and temperament, that Mignolet and Karius both were missing to do a job for us but he's been a bag of nerves since Allison's injury and has cost us big time. I wouldn't play him against Everton, he'll be a complete mess. Stick Milner in net instead.

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Earlier in the season it looked like he had the confidence and temperament, that Mignolet and Karius both were missing to do a job for us but he's been a bag of nerves since Allison's injury and has cost us big time. I wouldn't play him against Everton, he'll be a complete mess. Stick Milner in net instead.

I wrote a big post a couple of days ago but it didnt save where I basically just said that for some reason the reality of the magnitude of the games he is playing has suddenly struck him. Early in the season he seemed to revel in getting a second chance but now he has completely shit the bed.

It’s harsh because overall he’s done a good job for us in that back-up role, and I don’t like to single players out, but that was totally on him last night. Would be a pretence to suggest anything else.

To work so hard, to dominate so completely and to keep the tempo and focus we did, then we finally go ahead as Bobby finally scores at Anfield, and rather than play it safe and keep it simple professionally, he has a huge rush of blood to the head, suddenly thinks he’s Glenn Hoddle and tries to pull off a ridiculous, unnecessary, risky first time pass. In reality that single moment totally killed us, you could feel it suck the life out of everyone because of the circumstances. It all just felt so ominous and inevitable, given how many chances we’d missed and the fact every Liverpool fan alive must have been sensing the potential for a sting in the tail.

We had the game in our hands, the tie in our hands. Just as you should be slowing it down, protecting what you have and keeping it solid with nothing flashy and no gambles, because for the first time in the tie you don’t need to force the game, against a side who’d been in reverse since the 4th minute of the first tie and barely looked like they could get over the halfway line last night, suddenly they’re absolutely gift-wrapped the lead in the tie back without needing to do anything.

Inexplicably rash, fucking stupid decision to take, and he’ll be feeling terrible about it because he knows what he threw away by doing that. Hope he’s strong mentally and can recover quickly for the derby, we just need to finish the league off now and don’t need this turning into a crisis of confidence, Karius style at just the wrong moment. Pick himself up, dust himself down and finish the season with a title winner’s medal before the bat plague wipes out humanity.

• Upvote 10

56 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It’s harsh because overall he’s done a good job for us in that back-up role, and I don’t like to single players out, but that was totally on him last night. Would be a pretence to suggest anything else.

To work so hard, to dominate so completely and to keep the tempo and focus we did, then we finally go ahead as Bobby finally scores at Anfield, and rather than play it safe and keep it simple professionally, he has a huge rush of blood to the head, suddenly thinks he’s Glenn Hoddle and tries to pull off a ridiculous, unnecessary, risky first time pass. In reality that single moment totally killed us, you could feel it suck the life out of everyone because of the circumstances. It all just felt so ominous and inevitable, given how many chances we’d missed and the fact every Liverpool fan alive must have been sensing the potential for a sting in the tail.

We had the game in our hands, the tie in our hands. Just as you should be slowing it down, protecting what you have and keeping it solid with nothing flashy and no gambles, because for the first time in the tie you don’t need to force the game, against a side who’d been in reverse since the 4th minute of the first tie and barely looked like they could get over the halfway line last night, suddenly they’re absolutely gift-wrapped the lead in the tie back without needing to do anything.

Inexplicably rash, fucking stupid decision to take, and he’ll be feeling terrible about it because he knows what he threw away by doing that. Hope he’s strong mentally and can recover quickly for the derby, we just need to finish the league off now and don’t need this turning into a crisis of confidence, Karius style at just the wrong moment. Pick himself up, dust himself down and finish the season with a title winner’s medal before the bat plague wipes out humanity.

Good post Simply stating the facts. Adrian had secure options both sides. Incredibly stupid, incredibly naive, incredibly infuriating

7 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Good post Simply stating the facts. Adrian had secure options both sides. Incredibly stupid, incredibly naive, incredibly infuriating

Yep, especially Milner who was in acres of space. It really was piss poor.

Feel sorry for him. No issue with the second and largely irrelevant third goal (though Alisson might well have done better), but the pass for the first without even looking up was lunacy. We'd done brilliantly to score twice against them too, as their defending was the best we'd faced in a long time.

He's played almost 20 games and has put on a good display in most of them.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. We probably all have an even greater appreciation of what Alisson brings this morning. I've always said that Virgil was the gamechanger in terms of our current fortunes but this guy has been immense too, especially in these big European games. Needs to ditch the sicknote though.

I can accept our number 2 not being world class or even great. Not many number 2's are top class but I can't forgive these stupid mistakes that a competent League 2 goalie would not be making. Adrian cost us last night and has cost us in the few other games he's played. I would move him on in the summer. He was a last ditch signing for us, now let us take the time and find a suitable backup to Allison. Speaking of which, why the fuck is Allison injured so often? The number of games he's missed due to injury is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I can accept our number 2 not being world class or even great. Not many number 2's are top class but I can't forgive these stupid mistakes that a competent League 2 goalie would not be making. Adrian cost us last night and has cost us in the few other games he's played. I would move him on in the summer. He was a last ditch signing for us, now let us take the time and find a suitable backup to Allison. Speaking of which, why the fuck is Allison injured so often? The number of games he's missed due to injury is ridiculous. 

Did he miss a game in his first season, don’t think he did. He had a bad one in the first game and now this, hardly injury prone.