You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

He’s been fantastic. Genuinely could not ask for any more from him. Great saves again today, comfortable with his feet, took a lot of pressure away from the defence at key moments. Seems like a player who is making the most of his big chance, proper mentality. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Agreed. I think we may have a competition for the #1 shirt on our hands, folks. 

I like Adrian, but I'm not ready to go that far yet.

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Massive upgrade on mignolet

This, though.  100% this.

The idea that we got a price for Mignolet, probably made a significant saving on wages and got a significantly better player makes it, in an under-the-radar way, one of the deals of the summer.

• Upvote 3

Fantastic for us these first few games of the season. I think if Mignolet had made that error against Southampton his head would have been all over the place in the other games and he would have been in the press banging on about how he's going to improve.

At least Adrian saves shots. Mignolet never seemed to save many shots even if they are blasted straight into his chest he would always find a way to let them in. 

I've probably jinxed Adrian now to make a massive mistake against Sheffield United.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Keep the ball away from his feet and he's a great back up keeper. Another great first half save today 

Other than the massive cock up the other week he’s been really good on the floor.  It’s gone a similar way to Alisson in that I had the fear he would just either carry on making unnecessary risks or go the other way and just launch it every time.  He seems to have found the perfect medium at the moment.  Some of his saves and decision making have been fantastic and he’s generally really good on crosses.  Alisson has got a job on his hands which is exactly what we want.

He’s done really well.

Especially as he’d been training on his own all summer, was here five minutes with barely any chance to train with the squad before he was straight in the team for the best keeper in the world, and has played every game since for a side who have to win virtually every time they play.

It’s not like he had a summer with us and then months of being integrated into the squad and how Klopp likes us to play out from the back. Credit where credit is due, so far.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Butch said:

Alison is prone to brain farts and taking unnecessary risks, makes the defence nervous at times. Adrian on the other hand seems to be very cool and makes good decisions with minimal fuss. Id keep him in the side as long as possible. 

I'm waiting for one of Adrians chips over the oncoming striker to end in tears.

He's done great but will still be happy when Alisson pulls on the shirt again.

Guest Pistonbroke
15 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is a great backup - Alisson has no competition for the number 1 though - that is silly talk.

This. Alisson is more alert to setting up quick breaks and is better with the ball at his feet. Adrian has been very good in his absence though. Like I've said before, playing with the first team will stand him in good stead for the cup competitions or in case he's called up to the first team again once Alisson is back. 

He’s been really good, is undoubtedly a massive upgrade on Mignolet and since the mistake against Southampton has been generally really solid with his feet. However I think we forget sometimes how good Allison actually is.

There was a couple of occasions yesterday in that last 10-15 minutes we’re the ball came back to him and he cleared his lines, despite there being a pass on to Trent at right back. It may not have even been noticeable on the telly but the ball got launched and came straight back at us. Alison would have picked the pass out and enabled us to keep possession and more control of the game. 

That’s not a criticism of Adrian, I’d rather him launch it if he feels as though him making the pass is too risky. It’s more a comment on how Allison’s quality has such a big impact on our ability to control games and play calmly from the back. 

Part of the reason why he's better than Mignolet is that he doesn't have the baggage he did. We had watched him for 5 years. We knew he was shite, he got no leeway with errors because all confidence in him was eroded. This guy doesn't have that and when he makes a mistake, it didn't effect him like did with Mignolet. 

• Upvote 2