You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

He's not great, but what would you expect for a second choice goalkeeper? He wasn't expected to be playing every week. Mignolet and Karius were first choice players (or intended to be in Karius's case) yet he's definitely better than Karuis and probably similar to Mignolet. He wasn't supposed to be playing every week so is it really fair to judge him as if he was? 

28 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

He's not great, but what would you expect for a second choice goalkeeper? He wasn't expected to be playing every week. Mignolet and Karius were first choice players (or intended to be in Karius's case) yet he's definitely better than Karuis and probably similar to Mignolet. He wasn't supposed to be playing every week so is it really fair to judge him as if he was? 

That's a fair point and I acknowledged it when I said he's been thrown in at the deep end.  

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Correct, some people seem to think our back up keeper should be Alisson mark 2 and that's very unlikely, isnt it?

I think some people are jumping on Adrian because we've only kept 1 clean sheet with him in goal. I think there's only 1 game where he's contributed to that, the Southampton game. Yeah, he gave a pen away in the Super Cup but chelsea had already scored from open play.

Ive seen nothing to suggest that with Alisson in goal we'd have kept more clean sheets so far. Pretty much all the other goals we've conceeded, I  dont think Alisson would have stopped them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Correct, some people seem to think our back up keeper should be Alisson mark 2 and that's very unlikely, isnt it?

I think some people are jumping on Adrian because we've only kept 1 clean sheet with him in goal. I think there's only 1 game where he's contributed to that, the Southampton game. Yeah, he gave a pen away in the Super Cup but chelsea had already scored from open play.

Ive seen nothing to suggest that with Alisson in goal we'd have kept more clean sheets so far. Pretty much all the other goals we've conceeded, I  dont think Alisson would have stopped them.

So we've gone from keeping lots of clean sheets to having hardly any... but it's nothing to do with the goalkeeper.  Rrrrrrright.

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

So we've gone from keeping lots of clean sheets to having hardly any... but it's nothing to do with the goalkeeper.  Rrrrrrright.

We've been conceeding for a number of reasons, Trent being a bit careless in defence, Andy not being in the form of last season. Hell, even Virgil made a mistake on Tuesday.

And what you going to say if we dont keep clean sheets when Alisson comes back, that he's gone shit all a sudden? Rrrrrright.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

We've been conceeding for a number of reasons, Trent being a bit careless in defence, Andy not being in the form of last season. Hell, even Virgil made a mistake on Tuesday.

And what you going to say if we dont keep clean sheets when Alisson comes back, that he's gone shit all a sudden? Rrrrrright.

Yeah, it's everyone else's fault and the goalkeeper gets away scot-free.  That makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Yeah, it's everyone else's fault and the goalkeeper gets away scot-free.  That makes perfect sense.

Haha. Yeah whatever. Perhaps you deliberately missed the bit where I acknowledged he was responsible for Southampton's goal and the pen against chelsea?

Good try but no cigar.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha. Yeah whatever. Perhaps you deliberately missed the bit where I acknowledged he was responsible for Southampton's goal and the pen against chelsea?

Good try but no cigar.

Well, it's pretty much what you said.  You said he was at fault in one game, which implies that everyone else is at fault for all of the other games we conceded in.

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Well, it's pretty much what you said.  You said he was at fault in one game, which implies that everyone else is at fault for all of the other games we conceded in.

Yeah, I said he was at fault in 2 games. I dont think he's been 'at fault' that's resulted in a goal in other games.

Norwich, comes on as sub, Pukki scores. The lad hits a hattrick in his next game or so.

Chelsea Super Cup, at fault for the pen.

Southampton away, at fault for their goal.

Arsenal, Trent fannies around near the Kop corner, arsenal score in last 5 mins.

Burnley away, clean sheet no blame.

Newcastle, CB scores with a rocket, Trent and Matip have a disagreement on who should have closed the CB down.

Napoli, tired tackle by robbo gives away a 'pen.' Virgil makes mistake and Llorente scores.

Ive seen your comments about the Llorente and Newcastle goals. Laughable. But carry on with your agenda.

Guest Pistonbroke
12 hours ago, aws said:

Done ok so far. 

Yep. It goes without saying that he isn't as good as Alison, but he has done fine for a back up keeper who we got on a free transfer. He's pulled off some good saves at important times in matches, the defenders look comfortable with him and he's only had one real major fuck up which led to that goal in the league. Once Alison is back he'll just be used in the domestic cup games and he'll benefit from the time he has had playing with the first team. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yep. It goes without saying that he isn't as good as Alison, but he has done fine for a back up keeper who we got on a free transfer. He's pulled off some good saves at important times in matches, the defenders look comfortable with him and he's only had one real major fuck up which led to that goal in the league. Once Alison is back he'll just be used in the domestic cup games and he'll benefit from the time he has had playing with the first team. 

This.