You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's a free signing who counts the likes of West Ham and Betis as the biggest clubs he's played for. You won't get the props you're desperate for when we'll all be so surprised to find out he's not absolutely amazing.

So you're admitting he isn't very good? That's progress.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, he's a decent backup keeper which is nice because we got him for nothing, which is what reasonable people (not you) are saying.

His price tag doesn't come into it for me.  We got Joe Cole for nothing, he was shit too. We got Milner for nothing, he's excellent.

He's either good enough to play in goal for us or he's not (he's not), everything else is just noise.

24 minutes ago, TK421 said:

He's either good enough to play in goal for us or he's not (he's not), everything else is just noise.

No, it's called context which is kind of important. And performance-wise, he's been fine, which makes your thing with him even more bizarre.

You actually picked a fault with his incredible save of Mertens' chance with some bogus explanation of why "actually it wasn't that great, derp derp" like you're some high-level goalkeeping coach. That's all the indication needed that you're acting like an idiot for a reaction.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, it's called context. Kind of important. And performance-wise, he's been fine, which makes your thing with him even more bizarre. You actually picked a fault with his incredible save of Mertens' volley with some bogus explanation like you know what you're talking about. That's all the indication needed that you're acting like an idiot for a reaction.

It was a decent save, nothing more. Any keeper would be disappointed to have been beaten at their near post from that angle.  It looked spectacular because it was unorthodox to save it with his right hand. He had to save it with his right hand because he mistimed his dive. Just my take on it as a fan, not an expert.

• Downvote 1

I think I've accidentally wandered into the "I'm a hysterical fanny thread".

We got rid of Mignolet who was fuck up on a stick just before the window closed. We got this guy for free who had the full expectation of getting splinters in his arse from spending the next couple of years sitting on the bench. Tragedy strikes and AB is injured - long term.

So he's made some good saves and some bad attempts but who the fuck else could we have got just for back up for one of the worlds best keepers? Or would you have preferred we recalled Karius?

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

We got rid of Mignolet who was fuck up on a stick just before the window closed. We got this guy for free who had the full expectation of getting splinters in his arse from spending the next couple of years sitting on the bench. Tragedy strikes and AB is injured - long term.

So he's made some good saves and some bad attempts but who the fuck else could we have got just for back up for one of the worlds best keepers? Or would you have preferred we recalled Karius?

We’ve got Lonnie Donergan?

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I take the point that he's been thrown in at the deep end but the whole point of the switcheroo with Mignolet is that he would be an improvement.  He's not an improvement, he's a cut price alternative who in my opinion is struggling having to play every game.  If he was just cover it would be fine but he's not, he's having to play a lot of games including the CL which is the pinnacle of the club game.  He is not at that level.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He's an upgrade on Mignolet,a pretty big one too. The save he made was fantastic and one Alisson would also be proud of. TK in talking nonsense ahocker.

In which areas of his game is he an upgrade on Mignolet?  In the last two games he has faced six shots on target, three of which have gone in.  So shot-stopping seems to be suspect.  His distribution leaves a lot to be desired (e.g. Leicester), he doesn't start counter-attacks well and his aerial command of his area isn't great either.  So how is he an upgrade?

VladimirIlyich in talking shit ahocker. 

37 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He can kick a ball. 

And he can make saves. The biggest myth in football is Mignolet is a good shot stopper. Look where he's playing now there was no decent clubs after him when we were moving him on cause he's not that good. 

• Upvote 3

Been reading about my boy Adrian on the West Ham forum. Opinion seemed to be split on him during the Moyes era. Half of them thought he was the Messiah because he scored a penalty for them once and also ran the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal. The other half thought he was average at best and only got praise because he wasn't Joe Hart.

There were some interesting comments about him staying on his line and poor positioning, which I agree with.

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

Been reading about my boy Adrian on the West Ham forum. Opinion seemed to be split on him during the Moyes era. Half of them thought he was the Messiah because he scored a penalty for them once and also ran the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal. The other half thought he was average at best and only got praise because he wasn't Joe Hart.

There were some interesting comments about him staying on his line and poor positioning, which I agree with.

He's a back up keeper, I'm not sure what you expect.