You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Haha.  I have been enjoying it but I don't rate Adrian. 

Do you think he's a good keeper?

Fine if you don't rate him but tonight want his fault at all. he made a properly world class save that if Alisson had made you would have been jizzing over 

I now know why your mates didn't cook you brekkie you fucking side salad. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fine if you don't rate him but tonight want his fault at all. he made a properly world class save that if Alisson had made you would have been jizzing over 

I now know why your mates didn't cook you brekkie you fucking side salad. 

I don't blame him exclusively for the defeat.  I acknowledge that other players made mistakes.

He's fair game for criticism and post-match comment, though. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's just shown the Salah chance. Which started by Adrian coming out to claim a cross. Then playing a long kick down the pitch. Albeit won by Koulibaly. 

That kind of contradicts two of the criticisms made of Adrian. 

Yes, an overwhelming body of evidence there.

If we'd had Mignolet in goal last night Napoli would have been about four nil up by the hour mark. (They'd had four shots on target by then.)

Nobody is saying Adrian is the best goalie in the world - that guy's out for another couple of weeks - but acting like he isn't a huge, ginormous, planet sized upgrade on our old No 2 goalie is just so fucking weird.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we'd had Mignolet in goal last night Napoli would have been about four nil up by the hour mark. (They'd had four shots on target by then.)

Nobody is saying Adrian is the best goalie in the world - that guy's out for another couple of weeks - but acting like he isn't a huge, ginormous, planet sized upgrade on our old No 2 goalie is just so fucking weird.

He's not an upgrade on Mignolet. He's of a similar standard or worse. 

• Downvote 4

Just now, mattyq said:

I think he's better

Not in the same class as Alison but that save he made last night was fantastic

I watched that save again. It looked better than it was because he mistimed his dive and was on the way back down, so had to scramble it away with his wrong hand.

The penalty was worse, though. Having guessed the right way he had to save it. It wasn't hit right in the corner and was at a nice height for him.  You can tell he's disappointed with himself by his reaction, slamming his fists on the turf because he knew it was savable. 

For the second goal his body was in the wrong position so he couldn't dive and instead ended up on one knee making a marriage proposal as the ball went past him. We've seen this a few times, he doesn't set himself well and it ends up being an easy finish for the forward. 

I wish he was competent and good cover for Alison but he's nowhere near, in my opinion.  This level of drop off in performance would not be tolerated for any of the outfield positions. I don't see why goalkeeper should be any different.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I watched that save again. It looked better than it was because he mistimed his dive and was on the way back down, so had to scramble it away with his wrong hand.

The penalty was worse, though. Having guessed the right way he had to save it. It wasn't hit right in the corner and was at a nice height for him.  You can tell he's disappointed with himself by his reaction, slamming his fists on the turf because he knew it was savable. 

For the second goal his body was in the wrong position so he couldn't dive and instead ended up on one knee making a marriage proposal as the ball went past him. We've seen this a few times, he doesn't set himself well and it ends up being an easy finish for the forward. 

I wish he was competent and good cover for Alison but he's nowhere near, in my opinion.  This level of drop off in performance would not be tolerated for any of the outfield positions. I don't see why goalkeeper should be any different.

Let's be honest, no one here is an expert on goalkeeping technique, but this post is absolute crap.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

You'll all come round eventually. He's a dud.  It happens, Klopp won't get every signing right and he fucked up with this one.  

He's a free signing who counts the likes of West Ham and Betis as the biggest clubs he's played for. You won't get the props you're desperate for when we'll all be so surprised to find out he's not absolutely amazing.