You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

2 hours ago, Em City said:

TK-421 has decided he's not getting enough attention so he's launched into another campaign.

Ah bless, hope you get what you need TK you sad bastard.

Just calling it as I see it.  I'm generally very positive about our players but have concerns about this one.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

He probably thought Mignolet used to get too much grief, so he's trying to prove that point by hammering the "Adrian is terrible" angle because people were happy with the change. TK has to work on not being so transparent.

He's not even been at the club for 2 weeks and he probably wasn't fully fit today. It's too early to draw conclusions. 

I thought a lot of the criticism of Mignolet was fair.  Some of it was OTT.  I still think he was better than this guy. 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 hours ago, TK421 said:

I thought a lot of the criticism of Mignolet was fair.  Some of it was OTT.  I still think he was better than this guy. 

No doubting his blunder was horrendous, but the lad pulled off some good saves to keep us in the game in that first half and also made a few in the second. Salah and Bobby missed sitters. None of these instances caused us to drop points, so all is good. He also made some very good saves against Chelsea to help us win the Supercup. Alisson is the best keeper in the World atm, or one of them, DeGea is another, neither are without mistakes. Mingolet cost us loads of points, as did Karius. 

With Adrian I personally feel a lot less worried, he just needs to knock this 2-3 second pause with time on the ball whilst looking for an outlet up field, tbf Alisson needs to do the same. If you are ahead by two goals in a game then there is no need for it, just put your boot through it or pass it to a player at the back in space. 

11 hours ago, TK421 said:

Alison was trying to take on a defender and to show off his clear ability on the ball. He got caught out and then cut it out.

What Adrian did was inexplicable, like Karius in the final. One of the worst mistakes I've seen in top flight football from a keeper.

With Alison, the learning was clear. I have no idea what Adrian is going to learn from this, because I have no idea what he was thinking or trying to do.

The only similarities are the fact that we won 2-1 despite the mistake.

In a weird sort of way I'd rather he did his fuck up like that than say letting one through his hands. At least that's the sort of mistake you can remedy by saying just get fucking shut if it next time 

The point blank save first half was as good as I've seen from any of our keepers for a while 

He spent 3 days watching Alisson be as cool as Xabi Alonso and decided he could do that too. He now knows he can't, no biggie, don't do it in the next 2 games and then he can sit back on the bench and collect medals every 4 months.

• Upvote 1

Same as the Leicester game last season, I'm not arsed about the mistake as we got the three points.

I'd be shocked if we don't see two opposition players charging at him every time it's played back to his feet now, which will be a challenge for him and us, as Alisson was an important part of our play in that regard.

• 5 weeks later...