You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

He did exactly the same thing in the first half and it went wide 

The thing in the first half happens to every keeper when they try to clear it away sometimes. On the goal, he literally passed it straight to a player. That's easily avoidable. 

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The thing in the first half happens to every keeper when they try to clear it away sometimes. On the goal, he literally passed it straight to a player. That's easily avoidable. 

Well, both instances are easily avoidable if you know what you are doing.

As I have said in the match thread - I don't remember a top flight keeper doing it twice in the same game

10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't like what I've seen from him so far.  

He's been here for a week and a half and has had to play in some real high pressure moments already. Unfair to judge. There's been some good and bad but we've come out the other side of it with 6 points and a trophy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's been here for a week and a half and has had to play in some real high pressure moments already. Unfair to judge. There's been some good and bad but we've come out the other side of it with 6 points and a trophy. 

I don't care how long he's been here for, he's a professional athlete and should be ready to perform to an acceptable standard when needed.  

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I don't care how long he's been here for, he's a professional athlete and should be ready to perform to an acceptable standard when needed.  

Was winning a penalty shootout and making those top saves today not an acceptable standard taking into consideration the context or did you think we were signing Lev Yashin on a free?

It was Karius-esque.  There’s no getting away from it.   He should have learnt his lesson from the first half when he got caught.  He had actually had a really good game.  If Ings put me the second chance in I think that would have been the end of him.  I don’t think the fans will turn on him Mignolet style because it hasn’t cost us points.

For me he’s a similar level to Mignolet.  I’d probably say Mignolet is the better keeper but as somebody mentioned I think with the baggage Mig comes with and a lot of the fans irrational hatred of him I think the switch is probably the best thing.

Adrian really needs to cut that shit out immediately though.  Just fucking go long.  2 nil up be intelligent and don’t gift goals away.

Keepers shouldn't be doing shit like that, at any level of the game. It was a ridiculous fuck up and he should get a slap for it. I think he's the type that switches off when he's not busy and that's not a good trait to have playing for us.

Mistake aside I thought he did OK. 

I think Mignolet is a better keeper and was probably one of the best number 2's in the league. Shame he went.

Dont think Adrian has been great for either of the goals we have conceded, but has made some decent enough stops too. Doesnt seem great with ball at his feet too, which i thought was supposed to be a strength of his? Maybe im wrong on that.  Doesnt appear to be if the opposition is targetting him.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, John102 said:

I think Mignolet is a better keeper and was probably one of the best number 2's in the league. Shame he went.

Dont think Adrian has been great for either of the goals we have conceded, but has made some decent enough stops too. Doesnt seem great with ball at his feet too, which i thought was supposed to be a strength of his? Maybe im wrong on that.  Doesnt appear to be if the opposition is targetting him.

I don't even thing the way they chased him down could even be considered "targeting" him. Not trying to be a smart arse but he made an absolute heap of shite out of a bread and butter pass. Twice. Hope Alison is back ASAP. Adrian will absolutely definitely cost us points at some stage.

35 minutes ago, Em City said:

TK-421 has decided he's not getting enough attention so he's launched into another campaign.

Ah bless, hope you get what you need TK you sad bastard.

He probably thought Mignolet used to get too much grief, so he's trying to prove that point by hammering the "Adrian is terrible" angle because people were happy with the change. TK has to work on not being so transparent.

He's not even been at the club for 2 weeks and he probably wasn't fully fit today. It's too early to draw conclusions. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He probably thought Mignolet used to get too much grief, so he's trying to prove that point by hammering the "Adrian is terrible" angle because people were happy with the change. TK has to work on not being so transparent.

He's not even been at the club for 2 weeks and he probably wasn't fully fit today. It's too early to draw conclusions. 

Too early to draw conclusions? TK probably spunked himself to death upon seeing that error.

He ain't going to let time or context get in the way of an irrational agenda.