You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

Whatever, mate. Opinions init. I think he’s better than mignolet. Could just be because he’s a large, imposing figure, could be that he doesn’t come with any of the baggage, could be that he’s stepped in on a few days notice and won us a trophy. Whatever it is, I’m a heck of a lot happier going into the next few weeks with Adrian between the sticks than I would’ve been with mig 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

You don't say. He's our backup keeper, mate. You thought he'd be close to the same level as one of the best in the world?

He is not good enough to play in the PL for any team. I would like someone who was.

People keep saying he's better than Mig . I personally am not sure but we will find out soon enough

Guest Pistonbroke
48 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He is not good enough to play in the PL for any team. I would like someone who was.

People keep saying he's better than Mig . I personally am not sure but we will find out soon enough

He performed well last night and made no glaring mistakes against Norwich. He's gonna provide adequate cover for Alisson or when used in the lesser cups imo. Let's be honest, apart from injury Klopp wouldn't rotate keepers in the league, and Keepers are rarely injured. 

42 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

He performed well last night and made no glaring mistakes against Norwich. He's gonna provide adequate cover for Alisson or when used in the lesser cups imo. Let's be honest, apart from injury Klopp wouldn't rotate keepers in the league, and Keepers are rarely injured. 

I know and your'e right but it's been said for years we should have a decent back-up . My gut feeling is that Adrian won't be be that piece of the jigsaw . Mig looked awful pre-season so on balance I guess Adrian is looking a better bet so far. It was just nice to have a season not having have a panic attack every time the opposition got near our goal.  Last night my bum was twtiching again. Can't wait till Alisson gets off his death bed.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I know and your'e right but it's been said for years we should have a decent back-up . My gut feeling is that Adrian won't be be that piece of the jigsaw . Mig looked awful pre-season so on balance I guess Adrian is looking a better bet so far. It was just nice to have a season not having have a panic attack every time the opposition got near our goal.  Last night my bum was twtiching again. Can't wait till Alisson gets off his death bed.

TBF, that bum twitching was due to our defence and not the keeper, who pulled off 3 or 4 class saves, albeit one was offside, although he and the player didn't know that at the time. 

12 hours ago, coachpotato said:

If he gains the confidence of the defenders around him and commands the penalty area he’ll be fine.

The only concern I had last night was from Chelsea corners he appeared to be rooted to his line.

Unless he was instructed to do that of course, which I doubt.

This is all about building a relationship and understanding between GK and defenders and having only played about 2 thirds of a game together its not surprising these responsibilities are not yet set in stone. We have a couple of big lads at centre half so sometimes its better to leave them to it most of the time. I remember big Nev at the bloos when he was in his prime was more of a 'line' goalie while Grobbelaar was more of a sweeper keeper. Both were excellent keepers yet were very different in styles.

Well it's divvie sees, divvie do, isnt it? We've had that girl at the CL final easily get on the pitch, someone at Anfield do it against Norwich and even someone during the game on Wednesday night. Then this fucking hero decides he wants to join in and clatters our keeper in the process.

Hopefully, Jurgen is blowing a bit of smoke with this but that isnt the point.