You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

He's a half decent goalie from what I remember at West Ham. Definitely an excellent number 2 to steady a shop at a top team.

However, if Ali is out for a few weeks, it's a decent chance we would drop points from goals that a world class keeper would save. Like Virgil, he brings a calmness to the defence.

Guest Pistonbroke

I feel a lot safer with him between the sticks than margarine fingers Mingolet. Football is a funny old game. He was probably content with being number 2 for the foreseeable and will now be thrust into the limelight. He's capable enough, especially when we'll be up the other end of the pitch most of the time. Karius and Mingolet's problems where that they just weren't capable. 

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Went down in instalments for the goal and the one he spilled out at the end. 

The one he spilled out?

It was always under control and there was never any danger.

As for the goal, Gomez and Trent somehow conspired to give their top scorer a free run on goal.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I feel a lot safer with him between the sticks than margarine fingers Mingolet. Football is a funny old game. He was probably content with being number 2 for the foreseeable and will now be thrust into the limelight. He's capable enough, especially when we'll be up the other end of the pitch most of the time. Karius and Mingolet's problems where that they just weren't capable. 

Dont really know, but it seems he’s a decent PL keeper. And looked quite comfortable with the ball at his feet.

If so, loosing Alisson for a longer spell is a big blow to our season.

Loosing Alisson for a longer spell and Mignolet stepping in would be a massive blow. A fatal blow probably, to a potential title challenge.

Three things needed to be addressed this summer, a fourth top class attacking player, a good backup at LB/full back and a good backup goalie. Looks like we may have picked the right one when we only addressed one of the three.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Dont really know, but it seems he’s a decent PL keeper. And looked quite comfortable with the ball at his feet.

If so, loosing Alisson for a longer spell is a big blow to our season.

Loosing Alisson for a longer spell and Mignolet stepping in would be a massive blow. A fatal blow probably, to a potential title challenge.

Three things needed to be addressed this summer, a fourth top class attacking player, a good backup at LB/full back and a good backup goalie. Looks like we may have picked the right one when we only addressed one of the three.

Adrian has always struck me as a decent keeper. He's now at that age where he's happy to be number 2 at a top club rather than being in the firing line at a lower club. I'm sure Alisson will be back sooner rather than later, it could mean he is out for a month, or could be back sooner. Our strengths are in attack and whoever is in goal has little to do a lot of the time. Mingolet wasn't good at that, nor Karius. Could be down to concentration etc. Adrian doesn't strike me as the type of keeper to lack in that area. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Adrian has always struck me as a decent keeper. He's now at that age where he's happy to be number 2 at a top club rather than being in the firing line at a lower club. I'm sure Alisson will be back sooner rather than later, it could mean he is out for a month, or could be back sooner. Our strengths are in attack and whoever is in goal has little to do a lot of the time. Mingolet wasn't good at that, nor Karius. Could be down to concentration etc. Adrian doesn't strike me as the type of keeper to lack in that area. 

I hope you’re right, both with regards to the length of Alissons absence and the type of keeper Adrian is.

Guest Pistonbroke

Not sure why people are saying he went down slow for the shot which led to their goal. It was a quick effort from Pukki and went into the corner, I doubt most keepers would have got anywhere near it. 

Not being Mingolet is huge. Hopefully he not in nets long enough to lose trust of tram mates and fans. The international break could benefit us for once, I don't think he will miss more than 3 league games. 

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

Not being Mingolet is huge. Hopefully he not in nets long enough to lose trust of tram mates and fans. The international break could benefit us for once, I don't think he will miss more than 3 league games. 

I don’t think whether or not he retains the trust of his fellow commuters needs to be a cause for concern.

• Upvote 1

Jurgen sounds a bit worried about Alisson's injury. Looked like he was holding the back of his knee no this calf as some suggest. I hope he hasnt done his ACL, a bit like Sane.

That said, I was always of the impression Adrian was a good keeper. Im still surprised west ham let him go even if they did buy the lad from swansea. Im more confident with him deputising for Alisson. Problem is the back ups now are young lads who also seem to be injured. Maybe the lad who went on the US tour might be signed as emergency cover if he's still a free agent?

Why the fuck didn't the physios insist on Alisson getting on the stretcher.

I hate this bollocks where we are paying small fortunes to guys who have medical science degrees coming out of their arses and spending millions on new cutting-edge medical equipment and then let a £60-odd million pound asset hop for 100 yards on a badly-damaged leg.