You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rum

KMD7

Any rum drinkers on here? With all the medication I'm on i find most alcohol kills my guts lately so i basically knocked it on the head. Recently discovered rum and love it, doesnt appear to affect my guts either. Great buzz off it as well. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yes

Not as much as whisky due to it being made from sugar cane but I do like it. 

Mixes well with ginger beer and lime on summer months. 

Nice one Lee. Getting stuck into a bottle of Captain Morgan here.

Now that mention Ginger, I Went to see Orbital in Galway last weekend and had whiskey with ginger and lime. Pretty potent stuff.

Yeah it's better than the normal coke. 

Feels far lighter and more refreshing. 

Loads of great runs around and far cheaper than whisky pound for pound. Some great bottles for under £20

Mount Gay is always good. 

Got a good bottle of Kirk and Sweeny the other week, love bottle too. 

Got loads of different whisky, bourbons and rums on my shelves at home. 

IMG_20190707_125900.jpg

• Upvote 1

There are loads of suggestions in the other Rum thread 

The bog standard Havana club is my favourite that you can pick up in a supermarket, but give Brugal a go if you haven’t already tried it. £19 with free delivery on Amazon and it’s lovely. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brugal-Añejo-Superior-Rum-70-x/dp/B00439YPRS

• Upvote 1

I never thought to look to see if there was a rum thread on here. i don't drink much anymore but when i feel like having something I just want to be able to find a drink that doesnt completely kill me the following day. Cheers comrades and repped.