You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (H) 9/8 Premier League

Bjornebye

I think the comments regarding the defence are a little bit unfair. Norwich deliberately played the game by flooding midfielders past their forward/s and pushing their full backs on . Deep runners are always hard to contain if it is done well , and especially if you are a bit rusty with a central combo not used to playing together for a while.

The flip side to this is that when they lost the ball they were usually too far up the pitch as a whole with their defence exposed and it gave our midfield and forwards loads of space to torture them, hence us 'thumping' them.

• Upvote 1

Ok, they created a few chances.

Big deal, that centre half partnership looked impregnable for the first half of last season, so I'm more than willing to go along with it. 

And carragher can f*** off with his s*** commentary to. 

He had the bare face cheek to make a sly, Manc type remark when Allison misplaced a pass in the first half. "we've seen him do this all last season, he's prone to mistakes" 

He's barely let a f***ing goal in, for club and country and in a full season. Shut up carra.

• Upvote 4

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

Ok, they created a few chances.

Big deal, that centre half partnership looked impregnable for the first half of last season, so I'm more than willing to go along with it. 

And carragher can f*** off with his s*** commentary to. 

He had the bare face cheek to make a sly, Manc type remark when Allison misplaced a pass in the first half. "we've seen him do this all last season, he's prone to mistakes" 

He's barely let a f***ing goal in, for club and country and in a full season. Shut up carra.

I wish Carra could just fuck off so I can continue to remember him fondly. He does my tits in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rotoq said:

I wish Carra could just fuck off so I can continue to remember him fondly. He does my tits in.

I can't deny I have a massive man crush on our gorgeous goalkeeper. 

But how can anybody warrant criticism towards him? 

In every competition he competed in last season he had the most clean sheets. 

If he was a striker and he was top scorer in the league, top scorer in the champions league (which he won) and was then top scorer in the copa America, which he won. He'd be the bookies favourite for the ballon d'or. 

But instead we have to listen to that squeaky, spitty get slag him off. 

Pity sky didn't sack him. He's insufferable 

14 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I can't deny I have a massive man crush on our gorgeous goalkeeper. 

But how can anybody warrant criticism towards him? 

In every competition he competed in last season he had the most clean sheets. 

If he was a striker and he was top scorer in the league, top scorer in the champions league (which he won) and was then top scorer in the copa America, which he won. He'd be the bookies favourite for the ballon d'or. 

But instead we have to listen to that squeaky, spitty get slag him off. 

Pity sky didn't sack him. He's insufferable 

Why do people get so angry when commentators point out his distribution is quite poor at times? 

It's something he can definately improve on. 

I'm not aware of any other top keeper that regularly gives the ball away in dangerous situations as he does. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

We have, at worst, the 2nd best goalkeeper in the world. Carragher's constant criticism of him from the moment he joined the club has been utterly bizarre.  

I'm guessing if we had an English keeper Carra would be praising him, despite the performances. Yeah, Alisson makes the odd mistake but he keeps an awful lot of clean sheets and his distribution from the back sets us up on a lot of quick attacks. Someone should point out to Carra that it was Alisson who had a cracking game in the CL final and made several key saves. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

I'm guessing if we had an English keeper Carra would be praising him, despite the performances. Yeah, Alisson makes the odd mistake but he keeps an awful lot of clean sheets and his distribution from the back sets us up on a lot of quick attacks. Someone should point out to Carra that it was Alisson who had a cracking game in the CL final and made several key saves. 

Yes, I'd imagine he'd have sooner seen us sign Joe Hart.

It'd be great if every team created a few chances against us but by doing so left themselves wide open like these silly cunts. 

We'd win every week, easy too.   Unfortunately we'll come up against load of sides with no interest in scoring and that when our lack of creativity in the middle always shows. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Why do people get so angry when commentators point out his distribution is quite poor at times? 

It's something he can definately improve on. 

I'm not aware of any other top keeper that regularly gives the ball away in dangerous situations as he does. 

I don't get this either. He nearly gave away a goal by a sloppy pass. Are we supposed to pretend it didn't happen because he's one of the best keepers about? You can think he's a great keeper and, at the same time, has room to cut out unforced errors like that. 

Guest Alex_K
2 hours ago, rotoq said:

Carragher was always a moron -- he was never really that far removed from a John Terry type. Hardly the most cultured player and now he displays hardly the most cultured opinions.

As like everyone I was v dismayed with the lack of summer activity, but .. you look up down that teamsheet yesterday and there is a sound argument that 8 or 9 of those players are or may emerge as legitimate world class talent this year .. Salah, Firmino, TAA, VVD, Robertson, Alison, Gomez, Fabinho, Mane .. if the supporting cast stays fit and Origi can nab say 10 league goals through the season we may just end up sweeping everyone before us. Sane/Kompany should be a huge miss for City and while its hardly a groundbreaking comment given our points total last season, on paper we genuinely have one of the greatest sides the league has ever seen.

13 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Scraped a win, despite VAR. Hopefully, we will be exposed as the disgusting Sky Sports 6 that we are. Hate football.

Thought we would be exposed by VAR and gravitate to our deserved mid-table position? That’s what our racist Blue neighbours were saying, wasn’t it?

3 hours ago, suzy said:

Carragher’s negative remarks have been picked up by some of the online media this morning!

Go to the BBC website and their headline is ‘Liverpool thump Norwich’!

It was a weird game. Yeah, it was comfortable result-wise, but when the opposing team has 5 or 6 clear cut chances, and you're a pundit like Carragher, I don't know how else you're supposed to react. Of course he would point out how bad we were defensively.

But the headline of the match will always be that we beat them soundly because we beat them by 3 goals and we were threatening to beat them by 5 or 6 at some points. 

53 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Carragher was always a moron -- he was never really that far removed from a John Terry type. Hardly the most cultured player and now he displays hardly the most cultured opinions.

As like everyone I was v dismayed with the lack of summer activity, but .. you look up down that teamsheet yesterday and there is a sound argument that 8 or 9 of those players are or may emerge as legitimate world class talent this year .. Salah, Firmino, TAA, VVD, Robertson, Alison, Gomez, Fabinho, Mane .. if the supporting cast stays fit and Origi can nab say 10 league goals through the season we may just end up sweeping everyone before us. Sane/Kompany should be a huge miss for City and while its hardly a groundbreaking comment given our points total last season, on paper we genuinely have one of the greatest sides the league has ever seen.

Injuries will happen obviously but the likes of Lallana and Brewster weren't even on the bench and we know how much Klopp likes them. I think he loves everyone in that squad and genuinely thinks there is depth that he can use. 

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Objectively, we were awful defensively. Not just bad. Awful. They could have scored 5 and it wouldn't have flattered them. It was a weird performance. Chaotic, no control, but we could have scored every 10 minutes had the finishing been better.

lol

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Objectively, we were awful defensively. Not just bad. Awful. They could have scored 5 and it wouldn't have flattered them. It was a weird performance. Chaotic, no control, but we could have scored every 10 minutes had the finishing been better.

3124fa99-3019-407d-b3be-91cb7ee81444.gif