You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (H) 9/8 Premier League

Bjornebye

No complaints there. It's the first game of the season after a fairly disjointed pre-season. It's rare to hit top form in the early competitive fixtures. Those games, even in a perfectly to plan pre-season, are generally about getting results and building up fitness and performance levels/form. We've kind of done that tonight and still won 4-1.

On to the next one...

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

There's a sort of causticity about him that is unpleasant.

Its like what we’ve been talking about with the Echo, the  Blooshite and appeasement. The more he tries to be neutral, the more they accuse him of bias. Just fuck them off and cheer every time we score.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Carra is an insufferable twat. “i’m glad Norwich scored”. Twat.

Needs to have "we're competing against City" tattooed to the back of his hand.  We have to be ruthless and rack up goals given the chance, fuck whether it's cruel.  I resent the narrative suggested by Tyler that we'd be criticised for it while City have had teams roll over for them for years now.

Good win and lots of positives in the performance, but also plenty to work on even in the aftermath of 3 points which Klopp will probably like.

I liked Norwich, very inventive and positive. They'll score plenty this season I think and so I could see them winning a few high-scoring games. Much rather them than alehouse shite.

Guest Pistonbroke

Excellent first half where we nailed the three points. Decent second half in first gear. Hopefully Allison was just precautionary, and although Adrian didn't have much to do I felt more secure with him in goal than margarine fingers Mingolet. Origi, Bobby and Mo played well up front, their movement caused Norwich the suspected problems. Mane will be angry now and I fully expect him to take that out on Chelsea. 

Performance wise 8/10......First half 9.5/10. 

Norwich will cause a lot of teams problems, they just played into our hands that first half and the early goal always helps. 

On to Chelsea and I fully expect us to land our first bit of bling for the season. 

We were disjointed at the start of last season. I remember plenty of talk about how we were on the cusp of being exposed, but that didn’t come to fruition.

With that said, the defence is a bit of a concern - I don’t think it’s just down to Alexander-Arnold, because teams have been targeting him for quite a while and rarely have as much joy as City & Norwich have. I’d be inclined to put Matip back in for Gomez in midweek and see if that settles things.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Who gives a fuck if Norwich won the second half, we won 4-1 and played 50 minutes in first gear after going 4-0 up. Fuck them, they are just looking at an angle to criticise in the hope it gets to the players, desperate wankers.