Quantcast
The Official TLW Ligue 1 Thread - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
3 Stacks

The Official TLW Ligue 1 Thread

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

@3 Stacks you lazy  fucker

I'm too busy making my first million.

No, but in all seriousness, I've actually kind of stopped watching and lost interest. Haven't watched much other football besides Liverpool in the past few months. 

If you want to know in short what is going, PSG are quite good, the rest are awful. Every single other team. Nantes are 2nd for Christ sake and they stink. 

• Downvote 1

23 hours ago, cloggypop said:

@Arnaud any chance of letting us know how Brest are doing? 

Brest is doing well, boss, very well. A bit upset though that the brillant Stacks is almost ignoring them, unless he’s working on an in depth report on Stade Brestois ?

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's like Scottish football only with better food.

And prettier women, nicer wine and more expensive binouses 

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Brest is doing well, boss, very well. A bit upset though that the brillant Stacks is almost ignoring them, unless he’s working on an in depth report on Stade Brestois ?

I would but I was too disappointed they parted ways with Furlan, who is one of my favourites. Although, I still like them. They're a shining light amidst the small clubs in France who pretty much all play dreadful football. 

I think it was somehow smart, brave and written to let Furlan go. 

He went full story, saw himself as bigger than the club, and don’t forget he threw insults to some fans.

he had to go.

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I think it was somehow smart, brave and written to let Furlan go. 

He went full story, saw himself as bigger than the club, and don’t forget he threw insults to some fans.

he had to go.

I didn't know that part. It seems like there is a sound structure and philosophy above the manager anyway. And though I like him, the fact he went back to Ligue 2 kind of says it all about Furlan, despite Auxerre being somewhat of a big club. There is a perception he is hard to work with, no?

How is Charbonnier adjusting to the league? I've only seen Brest once this season. 

I watched them twice maybe so nit sure I’m qualified to answer. 

Hes a good player , maybe a bit slow for ligue 1. He needs some one to run around him ....

9 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

How is Aouar doing this season? We'll have a few midfield spots to fill in the summer

He's kept showing flashes of brilliance amidst a complete shitshow of a Lyon side who just sacked their coach. He was brilliant in the beginning of the season, then he was brought down a bit by the rot that set in around him. Laurent Blanc is meant to take the job and I think Aouar will be really, really good with him. Blanc has a specific possession-based style and that will suit him perfectly.

For me, how great he becomes will depend on him becoming a centre mid and playing deeper. He's very creative but few top teams will play him in a #10 role. He needs to continue learning how to defend and be disciplined. 

• Upvote 1