You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official TLW Ligue 1 Thread

3 Stacks

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

@3 Stacks you lazy  fucker

I'm too busy making my first million.

No, but in all seriousness, I've actually kind of stopped watching and lost interest. Haven't watched much other football besides Liverpool in the past few months. 

If you want to know in short what is going, PSG are quite good, the rest are awful. Every single other team. Nantes are 2nd for Christ sake and they stink. 

• Downvote 1

23 hours ago, cloggypop said:

@Arnaud any chance of letting us know how Brest are doing? 

Brest is doing well, boss, very well. A bit upset though that the brillant Stacks is almost ignoring them, unless he’s working on an in depth report on Stade Brestois ?

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Brest is doing well, boss, very well. A bit upset though that the brillant Stacks is almost ignoring them, unless he’s working on an in depth report on Stade Brestois ?

I would but I was too disappointed they parted ways with Furlan, who is one of my favourites. Although, I still like them. They're a shining light amidst the small clubs in France who pretty much all play dreadful football. 

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I think it was somehow smart, brave and written to let Furlan go. 

He went full story, saw himself as bigger than the club, and don’t forget he threw insults to some fans.

he had to go.

I didn't know that part. It seems like there is a sound structure and philosophy above the manager anyway. And though I like him, the fact he went back to Ligue 2 kind of says it all about Furlan, despite Auxerre being somewhat of a big club. There is a perception he is hard to work with, no?

How is Charbonnier adjusting to the league? I've only seen Brest once this season. 

9 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

How is Aouar doing this season? We'll have a few midfield spots to fill in the summer

He's kept showing flashes of brilliance amidst a complete shitshow of a Lyon side who just sacked their coach. He was brilliant in the beginning of the season, then he was brought down a bit by the rot that set in around him. Laurent Blanc is meant to take the job and I think Aouar will be really, really good with him. Blanc has a specific possession-based style and that will suit him perfectly.

For me, how great he becomes will depend on him becoming a centre mid and playing deeper. He's very creative but few top teams will play him in a #10 role. He needs to continue learning how to defend and be disciplined. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Little Ligue 1 young stud update. More specifically a Lyon young stud update. Two highly rated players who have recently broken into the first team squad. 

Maxence Caqueret. 19 year old midfielder who is excellent. Compared to Aouar he is a bit less talented, but he is a brilliant ball-winner and is still tidy on the ball. I think he has a big future. Maybe bigger than Aouar. He has a clear role in midfield, unlike Aouar who is still being tried out in numerous positions. 

Rayan Cherki. An attacking midfielder, only 16 years old. Not saying he's Mbappe but he looks like the biggest French attacking talent since. 2 goals and 2 assists in his first game against Nantes. He was taking the piss and was way too good for a decent Ligue 1 side to handle. Remember the name. 

• Upvote 1

On 21/01/2020 at 02:39, 3 Stacks said:

Rayan Cherki. An attacking midfielder, only 16 years old. Not saying he's Mbappe but he looks like the biggest French attacking talent since. 2 goals and 2 assists in his first game against Nantes. He was taking the piss and was way too good for a decent Ligue 1 side to handle. Remember the name. 

This kid is going to be special.

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s almost February and we’re still only on page two. This thread has been an unmitigated disaster. 

I'm not an excuses guy but I can no longer watch most of the games. Can't make my masterpiece reports if I can't watch the games. I understand your frustration.