You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez

Oh Buoy

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It won't for a long time

Its been something like 5 years since i was in hospital and my stomach still looks like something out of a Frankenstein film

Yeah my appendix scar is about 6 inches/15cm but I made my peace with it very quickly as I survived, not that I want to equate our experiences as I know you had it very tough for a long time. 

We look like pirates! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, belarus said:

What did actually happen to his knee? There was talk of his knee cap falling off if I remember right? That’s not possible, surely?

He tore the patella tendon behind the knee cap. During England training. Pretty catastrophic injury that 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, belarus said:

What did actually happen to his knee? There was talk of his knee cap falling off if I remember right? That’s not possible, surely?

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that "impossible injury" is not a term you associate with Liverpool players.

10 hours ago, Freddo said:

He tore the patella tendon behind the knee cap. During England training. Pretty catastrophic injury that 

I did it to mine 12 years back, still a big scar, it's not a dainty op, they literally have to open the entire knee up and pin the tendon back on the knee cap.  

Brazilian Ronaldo did both knees.  

20 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I did it to mine 12 years back, still a big scar, it's not a dainty op, they literally have to open the entire knee up and pin the tendon back on the knee cap.  

Brazilian Ronaldo did both knees.  

How are you now? Did it affect you walking? Squatting etc? I've a tendonopathy in my left knee. Tendonitis since 2017. Injections, physio etc. Operation was mentioned but I was told I may end up not walking properly after. Fuck that. I'll just keep doing my concentric rehab work and cracking on 

Just now, Freddo said:

How are you now? Did it affect you walking? Squatting etc? I've a tendonopathy in my left knee. Tendonitis since 2017. Injections, physio etc. Operation was mentioned but I was told I may end up not walking properly after. Fuck that. I'll just keep doing my concentric rehab work and cracking on 

Purps here...

• Upvote 4

On 05/05/2021 at 17:35, Freddo said:

Affected all of it, loss of a fair bit of muscle mass in quads, knock-on effects then for the other leg over-compensating. 

Don't get me wrong, I returned to playing football but was never the same, mentally you're too aware of protecting it. 

16 hours ago, Butch said:

Get him fit and get rid of him. Was in great form before the Burnley game but hasn't been the same. We need to be more business like with injury prone players give up and move on. 

This. 

We need to be more canny at moving them on and putting them in the shop window just enough for clubs to think they may be past the injury.  

Chamberlain is a case in point, he's a time-bomb, but we won't get him off our books unless he's given some game time without limping off, so clubs think he's worth a punt.  A couple of goals between now and end of the season would be great, last 15 mins of games, but don't fool yourself into thinking he's 'back', because he's not and never will be. That's a chronically injured player with imbalances in his body, it will happen again and again.  

9 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This. 

We need to be more canny at moving them on and putting them in the shop window just enough for clubs to think they may be past the injury.  

Chamberlain is a case in point, he's a time-bomb, but we won't get him off our books unless he's given some game time without limping off, so clubs think he's worth a punt.  A couple of goals between now and end of the season would be great, last 15 mins of games, but don't fool yourself into thinking he's 'back', because he's not and never will be. That's a chronically injured player with imbalances in his body, it will happen again and again.  

The downside to that is if he gains some really good form and we then sell him onto Barca or Real and he doesn't get injured again then you get people moaning about selling our best players.

Erm what, move Joe on? So what if Virgil comes back and starts with the niggling injuries or, picks up another major one that keeps him out for 3 or 4 months (not that I want that to happen!)?

Do we move Virgil on or do we go nah, it's Virgil so we'll make an exception?

Should we have moved Agger on with his numerous injuries before he quit?

Sadly, injuries are part and parcel of football. Some players do get injured, others less so.

35 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Erm what, move Joe on? So what if Virgil comes back and starts with the niggling injuries or, picks up another major one that keeps him out for 3 or 4 months (not that I want that to happen!)?

Do we move Virgil on or do we go nah, it's Virgil so we'll make an exception?

Should we have moved Agger on with his numerous injuries before he quit?

Sadly, injuries are part and parcel of football. Some players do get injured, others less so.

If they are spending more time on the treatment table then they actually play then let them go. 

Same with matip no point in keeping a great player if he's unreliable and not playing. Get rid. 

Looks like Joe Gomez won't be returning to football action for a while. But at least his knee appears to be better.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv/marvel-comics-unveils-first-native-american-captain-america/

Marvel Comics has unveiled its first ever Native American Captain America named Joe Gomez.

Gomez will be introduced as ‘Captain America of the Kickapoo Tribe’ who will meet up with Steve Rogers, Bucky, Sam Wilson and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’s John Walker.

He’ll cross paths with the four heroes while they’re travelling across the US on the hunt to find Captain America’s missing shield.

• 1 month later...