You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez

Oh Buoy

On 05/10/2020 at 08:12, VladimirIlyich said:

At 4-1 down and Adrian in goal it wouldn't have helped whoever he brought on. Let's also be honest and say that while you are sometimes unlucky to concede the odd deflected goal,three in one game is simply ridiculous and particularly the type Villa scored.

The deflected goals were simply a case of slack defending. We were too far off the man in possession meaning we were slow to close down and having to make last ditch tackles. 

It wasn't just the defences fault, the midfield were non existent as well. 

We played really bad but sometimes you have to doff your cap to the opposition and say well played. They did exactly the same tactic as arsenal. Overloading their left hand side and play long balls to the right leaving trent and Gomez exposed.

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

The deflected goals were simply a case of slack defending. We were too far off the man in possession meaning we were slow to close down and having to make last ditch tackles. 

It wasn't just the defences fault, the midfield were non existent as well. 

We played really bad but sometimes you have to doff your cap to the opposition and say well played. They did exactly the same tactic as arsenal. Overloading their left hand side and play long balls to the right leaving trent and Gomez exposed.

I think it was just confidence from Villa's point of view. The early goal gave them so much confidence and they suddenly found themselves playing against the world club chumps rather than champs. They will never have another day like it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not fading. 

20210504_164731.png

It won't for a long time

Its been something like 5 years since i was in hospital and my stomach still looks like something out of a Frankenstein film

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Caesarean?

Haha

Nothing that easy 

Gallbladder issues leading to pancreatitis and gallbladder removal, with the added fun of 3 drainage tubes, Tracheotomy, and a surgical hernia repair

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Haha

Nothing that easy 

Gallbladder issues leading to pancreatitis and gallbladder removal, with the added fun of 3 drainage tubes, Tracheotomy, and a surgical hernia repair

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

so nothing really..............

It'll be a pigs foot in the morning.

18 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

so nothing really..............

I'm still around for the time being so can't have been that bad. The subsequent type 1 diabetes is a fucking pain in the arse though 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm still around for the time being so can't have been that bad. The subsequent type 1 diabetes is a fucking pain in the arse though 

rather you than me my friend.

all joking aside, it didnt sound like a walk in the park thats for sure. 

besides the diabetes, i hope you're keeping well.

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

rather you than me my friend.

all joking aside, it didnt sound like a walk in the park thats for sure. 

besides the diabetes, i hope you're keeping well.

Oh yeah im doing as well as can be expected, nothing to much to deal with. 

It was all documented on here in the ailment thread from my disappearance, the GF hunting me down and getting in touch with my mum, to recovery.

But im good thanks

It is what its is and you just get on with thinks, worse for family watching by able to do nothing imho

• Upvote 1