You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

La Liga Draft Group A

Bjornebye

La Liga - Best Side  

12 members have voted

1. 1. You Decide

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Dynamite

Was between this team & Stig/Dim for the pick. Midfield 3 really nice. The problem is I can't really get significantly behind any of the other players displacing Dim/Stigs in their position. Henry over Ronaldo, nope? Henry over Aguero? Yes probably - but pretty close. Bale at his peak was better than Figo at his peak. Neymar/C. Ronaldo are both levels above C. Lopez. Midfield 3 are probably the best but Stig's 3 are definitely competitive there. Then the defence .. Marcelo doesn't best R. Carlos although he's world class in his own right. The CBs are probably better than Stig's but neither have CBs worth shouting about. On that basis it had to be Stig & Dim in this one.

This isn't remotely close IMO. Henry at his best was much better than Aguero's ever been.

• Upvote 2

Seems Zarra has gone down like a lead baloon. I genuinely thought any all time la liga draft would havento include him. He is something like the 3rd highest goal scorer of all time and held the title of leadibg scorer longer than anyone else. As an other pick it was a no brainer for me. I take on board his opposition and age, however, i still think he ranks higher than someone like bebeto ( first name i could remember) in an all time draft.

Take it on board for next draft. Definite type of player and style that seems popular.

5 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Figo is a weird player really. Thought of as the best winger in the world at the time, he doesn’t get much credit nowadays. Same as say, Donadoni, who was a great player at the time but is pretty much forgotten now. 

I'd add Nedved to that underrated list. Another who rarely gets brought up today 

6 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Figo is a weird player really. Thought of as the best winger in the world at the time, he doesn’t get much credit nowadays. Same as say, Donadoni, who was a great player at the time but is pretty much forgotten now. 

I think it’s down to the role they play now being occupied by players at the top level who score tons of goals. Salah, Messi, Mane etc... and they had poor goal scoring records. Figo never even reached 15 goals in a season for either Barca or Real. 

I picked Donadoni in the Serie A draft (I think it was that draft) and I'm sure it was you who dismissed the pick. 

Really hard to separate the sides here. 

I've gone Tony and Bjornebye 

Bjornebye team will concede goals as its relativly weak at GK and CB. But should be screened well by the midfield two. But ahead of that it's superb. Plenty of goals. It would against better balanced sides that could beat it by grinding them out or getting at the back 4 as 4 players in that team are not defending at all

Tony

I rate Trezaguet far higher than alot on here it seems. Only issue for me is Ortega but other than that very solid in all areas

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I picked Donadoni in the Serie A draft (I think it was that draft) and I'm sure it was you who dismissed the pick. 

You didn’t have him in that draft. The team that had him in that draft actually had Figo as well and got to the two team final. 

You had him in a World Cup draft but I complimented him in that one as far as I can see.

22 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You didn’t have him in that draft. The team that had him in that draft actually had Figo as well and got to the two team final. 

You had him in a World Cup draft but I complimented him in that one as far as I can see.

Might not have been you then. You are still a 24 carrot cunt though.