You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (Charity Shield - Wembley) 4/8/19

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

For someone who looked bigger that the goal frame, he looked very small as the ball's were going in.

Overall though, barring injuries of course, we look right on the money.

Yeah, I'm happy. Still got Mane to come back and I'm sure Salah will get a load of goals this season. I think JK should stick with Matip and VVD as his first choice CB pairing though. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Yep.

By the way, did the commentator say the shield is 'going back tothe emptihad'? Could have sworn he did!

Had it on with German commentary mate, so couldn't say. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, I'm happy. Still got Mane to come back and I'm sure Salah will get a load of goals this season. I think JK should stick with Matip and VVD as his first choice CB pairing though. 

Yeah Joe is class but Matip doesn't deserve to lose his place. Great position to be in with a colossus in Virgil and two top centre halves in Joe and Joel.

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

I care because it means that yet another trophy has been bought by these cunts

You're more than free to care. The reality is they've bought a really good team and bought a really good manager, and we are right up there with them. I can't bring myself to care about a small club who are buying things. If their owner fucked off tomorrow, they'd be back sucking cocks for cigarette butts. 

• Upvote 1

Not arsed. Would have been nice to win it but I'd rather have been the ones who payed like we did in the second half than be the ones who shit themselves and won on penalties. 

Any City fan with half a brain (all 3 of them) will look at that and think fuck, these are better than us. First half we didn't look interested. 2nd half we took them apart. Best team on the planet. 

i think were going to be ok this season , i know its only a glorified friendly but city dont look as good as they were last season which means it will take less points to win the league this season. Will be amazed if we dont sign an attacking player before window shuts.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah Joe is class but Matip doesn't deserve to lose his place. Great position to be in with a colossus in Virgil and two top centre halves in Joe and Joel.

Yeah, just think Matip is slightly better position wise than Gomez, whereas Gomez has the speed to get back and try to cover up for a lapse. We'll have way too much for most teams in the league. Fatigue will kick in at some point, especially with the players away during the summer. Need JK to rotate wisely against the weaker teams, and also to use his subs better. 

Just now, bizzle10 said:

i think were going to be ok this season , i know its only a glorified friendly but city dont look as good as they were last season which means it will take less points to win the league this season. Will be amazed if we dont sign an attacking player before window shuts.

If Utd get Dyblala I will hit my neighbours cat again. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bjornebye said:

He said "Zurück zur leeren Scheiße" then followed it up by calling them oil rich lucky cunts in Polish. 

Fuck City, plastic bastards. When the fall comes it will be so sweet. 

Once we stepped it up at half-time we overran them and they needed a combination of great keeping, luck and poor finishing from us to cope. They won the shoot-out but deep down they know we were comfortably better  than them and that is going to gnaw away at them and at Guardiola in particular. 

Guest Pistonbroke

17 shots to 8 shots in our favour. 9 to 3 on target. We also turned around percentage of 43% in the first half to have 535 by the end. 

Was really pleased with that , we have been pretty atrocious in pre-season but looked really good from the 30 minute mark onwards.

Didn't understand the system for City's penalties , it's surely common sense that most people strike a penalty with the inside of the foot which makes it far easier to go across your own body ( Only Mo's of the ten went against this principle ) , yet Alisson & the gk coaches had him diving the other way on the first three & then he should have saved the 4th as soon as he did this.