suzy

Harvey Elliott

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Agreed - says alot.

Get the same feelings about Gordon.

This is true, and you never really got that with some of the other youth players the club has hyped up a lot in the past. 

I remember Brewster was in all the videos and such the club was putting out and it really felt forced, or maybe an intentional strategy to keep Rhian onside during contract negotiations, as opposed to this. And I mean fair enough - we sold him for about treble his actual value, so I guess it worked.

Harvet Elliott is the man to save Liverpool's season, is the perfect fit and will save Liverpool billions and billions billions...but he's going on loan for 5 years and will be like a new signing when he comes back (Liverpool Echo, James Pearce et al, 2022).

It's like Déjà vu this. Boosterism over a youngster followed by the inevitable realisation that he's okay and nothing more. All whilst the club refuse to spend cash buying any top quality players. They're probably already scouting youth teams across the leagues to see who the next human shield is for our transfer policy 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

It's like Déjà vu this. Boosterism over a youngster followed by the inevitable realisation that he's okay and nothing more. All whilst the club refuse to spend cash buying any top quality players. They're probably already scouting youth teams across the leagues to see who the next human shield is for our transfer policy 

Usually I'd agree, we've seen it so many times.

Harvey isn't one of them though, he's going to be a really special player and I'm fully on board this hype train. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Aventus said:

Usually I'd agree, we've seen it so many times.

Harvey isn't one of them though, he's going to be a really special player and I'm fully on board this hype train. 

He has amazing talent and most importantly a football brain.

Great to have him back, but he's a kid and he's had a bad injury.

Good opportunity over next while for himself and/or Curtis to show that they can be our midfield tin-opener against packed defences, as much as we've all enjoyed seeing our centre halves pass the ball sideways to our full-backs and vice versa in the opposition's final third in recent months. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Nah. I said the first few times of seeing him play a couple of years ago that he's got the "it" that stands him out from other young players. 

For example I look at Jones and I think he's great and hopefully will have a big part to play for us over the coming years however you never know how they develop and if they can take it up to the required level, personally I think Jones will.

Harvey on the other hand you can just see that baring injury he's going to be top tier, they way the experienced players in the team talk about him, Klopp and his staff too etc. 

This could come back to haunt me in years to come and I'll look a bigger pillock than I am now but he's going to be one of the top English players.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Great to have him back, but he's a kid and he's had a bad injury.

Fuck him. If he doesn't fire us to the quadruple this season he can go in the summer.

Cant believe anyone is questioning this kid.

Great comeback today, and now he’s got his first official goal for the club as well.

• Upvote 1

The kid has something about him , he's very special , talents like him don't come around very often he's going to be a superstar of that I'm sure 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

The kid has something about him , he's very special , talents like him don't come around very often he's going to be a superstar of that I'm sure 

Yep. He has the wow factor.

• Upvote 1

Laid to rest any concerns he wouldn’t come back as good.  That’s his best game, even without taking the goal into consideration.

I thought he changed the dynamic of the team when he came on. Crisp passing and movement replacing safe and laborious . 

Would be nice if Henderson and Milner could learn a lesson or two from Harvey and Thiago on how to move the ball quickly....

The difference in ball-tempo and technique was ridiculous to see.

• Downvote 1