Jump to content
suzy

Harvey Elliott

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Injured it seems. Join the list Harvey, it wouldn't be LFC without injuries during international breaks.


Pearce says precaution and likely back for

Sunday.

 

But don’t let that stop you…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


Pearce says precaution and likely back for

Sunday.

 

But don’t let that stop you…

Oh mate bore off. They sent him back so he obviously has a knock. So does Bobby, so does Minamino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh mate bore off. They sent him back so he obviously has a knock. So does Bobby, so does Minamino.


Bore off by picking you up on posting more shite? 
 

Sent him back as a precaution.

 

D87754EA-77A0-4A0D-8CE8-06B52D6F3CFA.png
 

And even if he’s injured, looks like we might have to play some shit bag like Thiago…

 

Glad your concerned enough about Minamino after saying he’s shite all summer. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh mate bore off. They sent him back so he obviously has a knock. So does Bobby, so does Minamino.

Only an FSG shill would even mention Minamino. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe we didn't spend millions on a proven international JUST IN CASE something like this happened.

 

Terrible squad management all round.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is that he’ll be first choice for a large part of the remaining season. He was in the team at the start of the season mainly because of his quality.

 

Yes he’s young, and we had some senior players out at the start of the season, but my prediction is Elliott is far closer to the finished product than his age would maybe suggest. I base that mainly on what I’ve seem from him myself, and what Klopp, Lijnders and others have been saying. He’s got brilliant oberview, decision making and passing range, technically he’s very good and his work rate and intensity also seems to be up to the required level.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

My prediction is that he’ll be first choice for a large part of the remaining season. He was in the team at the start of the season mainly because of his quality.

 

Yes he’s young, and we had some senior players out at the start of the season, but my prediction is Elliott is far closer to the finished product than his age would maybe suggest. I base that mainly on what I’ve seem from him myself, and what Klopp, Lijnders and others have been saying. He’s got brilliant oberview, decision making and passing range, technically he’s very good and his work rate and intensity also seems to be up to the required level.

 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Elliott was in the first team at the start of the season due to Klopp simply not fancying what we had and not being certain of the fitness of regulars. He's acquitted himself well but I think there's an element of hyperbole at the moment as he's got better the longer he's been injured. I mean even Curtis Jones return has given the midfield a boost of energy and he's hardly pulling up trees,just playing well enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My favourite player since Gerrard. 

I haven't been this excited about a young player coming through since fowler. Great talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Elliott was in the first team at the start of the season due to Klopp simply not fancying what we had and not being certain of the fitness of regulars. He's acquitted himself well but I think there's an element of hyperbole at the moment as he's got better the longer he's been injured. I mean even Curtis Jones return has given the midfield a boost of energy and he's hardly pulling up trees,just playing well enough. 


Totally disagree. He was in on merit, to the point where Thiago wasn’t guaranteed to take the shirt off him. One of our best players in the first few games of the season. 
 

Him, Trent and Salah down that side could be absolute magic if the injury hasn’t affected the kid. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

He’s class. Going to be a top player for us, you can tell how much the other players rate him already

Agreed - says alot.

 

Get the same feelings about Gordon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Totally disagree. He was in on merit, to the point where Thiago wasn’t guaranteed to take the shirt off him. One of our best players in the first few games of the season. 
 

Him, Trent and Salah down that side could be absolute magic if the injury hasn’t affected the kid. 

Except Thiago plays a complete different role to him.

 

It's Henderson's role he's challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Elliott was in the first team at the start of the season due to Klopp simply not fancying what we had and not being certain of the fitness of regulars. He's acquitted himself well but I think there's an element of hyperbole at the moment as he's got better the longer he's been injured. I mean even Curtis Jones return has given the midfield a boost of energy and he's hardly pulling up trees,just playing well enough. 

I think his performances were an order of magnitude better than Curtis'.  Fascinating to see if he can rekindle that form over the course of the next few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Totally disagree. He was in on merit, to the point where Thiago wasn’t guaranteed to take the shirt off him. One of our best players in the first few games of the season. 
 

Him, Trent and Salah down that side could be absolute magic if the injury hasn’t affected the kid. 

Klopp has always been very clear about this, players only get in the team on merit.

A lot of people wanted him to get games at the end of the season when we won the league, but Klopp said he wasn't ready.

 

I was surprised to see him in midfield though. I still think his best long term position will be taking over from Bobby as a false nine. I don't think he's quick enough to play out wide, but I could see him linking up the midfield to the attack. He's a good finisher as well which will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×