You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

Yesterday should put him above Ox in the pecking order. Certainly for home games against stubborn opposition and maybe just in general. Although I’m sure Jurgen will value Ox’s maturity and discipline for some games. Comparing the two’s performances over the last couple of weeks is apples and oranges in terms of threat level, what they did with the ball, energy, etc. Ox really screwed the pooch last week. Was a great opportunity for him in midfield. 

27 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yesterday should put him above Ox in the pecking order. Certainly for home games against stubborn opposition and maybe just in general. Although I’m sure Jurgen will value Ox’s maturity and discipline for some games. Comparing the two’s performances over the last couple of weeks is apples and oranges in terms of threat level, what they did with the ball, energy, etc. Ox really screwed the pooch last week. Was a great opportunity for him in midfield. 

Chamberlain is only here because he is English and no one will touch him unfortunately.

Are allowed to save he’s saved us millions? 

I know there is still an awful long way to go in Elliots development but surely this is what we want though - young players coming through the ranks and being first team regulars. 

I think he will get more minutes than AOC this season judging by the way he has come on the last few weeks.

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Keita while left sat deeper than Elliot I thought (would be interesting to see heat maps) and while he works really hard, Jota works more forward areas than we would normally see firmino, which allowed Elliot some space to operate in. 

Yip, lad saw plenty of the ball as well.

tou.PNG

He’s going to be class.  Not an ounce of fear.  Brushing off those tackles and replying with skill.  

Well ahead of Milner and Jones already.  Thiago will need a better season than last one too or he’ll take his spot and all.

His time will need managed at his age but with the fitness records of the main four, there’ll be loads of minutes available.

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He’s going to be class.  Not an ounce of fear.  Brushing off those tackles and replying with skill.  

Well ahead of Milner and Jones already.  Thiago will need a better season than last one too or he’ll take his spot and all.

His time will need managed at his age but with the fitness records of the main four, there’ll be loads of minutes available.

Agree.

If I was Curtis, I’d be concerned the amount of minutes ahead of me Elliot has already wracked up in pre-season and yesterday. 

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think he will get more minutes than AOC this season judging by the way he has come on the last few weeks.

Yip, lad saw plenty of the ball as well.

tou.PNG

Yeah, I think you could be right. The only thing I will say is there was an element to just letting him play yesterday, a bit like we did with Jones in his break through season. It could be he just gets certain games that klopp maybe plans way in advance, so he can just go and play with freedom. As we saw as Jones developed we started asking him to do a little more defensively. 

What was keitas map like? I'd imagine similar but a little deeper off the left and maybe a bit more inside. 

27 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Agree.

If I was Curtis, I’d be concerned the amount of minutes ahead of me Elliot has already wracked up in pre-season and yesterday. 

I did think yesterday, be interesting to see how Curtis responds to Elliot getting picked over him. Hopefully light a fire in him. Nothing like competition for places in the team.

28 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Agree.

He needs to keep his head. It’s a midfield stacked with bodies but there’s loads of question marks and a few that should have seen the door already.

I certainly don't think the issue is whether there's going to be enough minutes for both Elliott and Jones in midfield!

Don't forget Wijnaldum had over 4000 league minutes for us last season and it seems there's no replacement coming in. Jones will get the 800-odd he had last season, plus probably at least 1000 of those minutes as well. He's not going to start most games but between the cups and 2000 or so league minutes, he'll have plenty of time on the pitch.

The real question is where do the rest of those minutes go? Because up until a month ago I would have said probably to Ox and Keita, but now I'm thinking it'll be Keita and Elliott, mostly. Ox will probably either be sold or end up around the same number of minutes he had last season.

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You may write this season off all together if that shit really does happen. 

For everyone! There's more fucking rounds of internationals in October and November and FIFA have given conmebol 3 matches in the 1st 2. It's fucking ridiculous. We.might barely see half of our players till the end of November. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It could be the end of September before he starts one with all this fucking isolation nonsense after the international break. 

Tite should just stick with Casemiro and Fred as he has been doing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

For everyone! There's more fucking rounds of internationals in October and November and FIFA have given conmebol 3 matches in the 1st 2. It's fucking ridiculous. We.might barely see half of our players till the end of November. 

More or less everyone.  The two money clubs with strenght in depth will be miles ahead. I can't see how it'll be allowed to stand.  Salah and the Brazilians will miss more football than I even care to count.  First window alone we'd be losing Bobby, Alisson, Fabinho and Salah for two league games and a champions league game.