Quantcast
Harvey Elliott - Page 15 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
suzy

Harvey Elliott

Judging by the clip attached to the above post, I can see him moving in to the middle eventally, his passing touch seems brilliant. I am quite old fashioned though and I only saw him kick the ball with his right foot once in the whole reel, and while nobody is expecting him to achieve parity between his feet he needs to be able occasionally to switch the ball quickly with his right.

He should compare himself to David Silva and Phil Foden. He can play from the wing but eventually, he should be in the middle. Foden is definitely someone he should emulate.

53 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

I'd have him back and ahead of Minamino and Origi. The kid only turned 17 a few months ago and is tearing up the Championship. Unreal talent. 

Has he been that good ?

2 hours ago, BetweenTheLines said:

Hi. New poster here. Just recently finished an in depth scout report on Harvey Elliott. His progressive passing and xA per 90 stats are quite mind-blowing for a 17 year old. See them here https://btlanalysis.wordpress.com/2021/01/13/harvey-elliott-scout-report/

Welcome to the site mate.. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Welcome to the site mate.. 

Thanks. Hope you all like the scout report. Elliott is an incredible talent. I thought he'd struggle to match the physicality of the Championship to start with and then turn it on just after Christmas. But he's just been unreal right from the start.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Bad hair. 

Has he got rid of the bun? Said he would if he scored for Liverpool if not he can go in the summer. 

45 minutes ago, BetweenTheLines said:

Thanks. Hope you all like the scout report. Elliott is an incredible talent. I thought he'd struggle to match the physicality of the Championship to start with and then turn it on just after Christmas. But he's just been unreal right from the start.

Nothing personal, I just wanted to be the first person to neg you. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BetweenTheLines said:

Hi. New poster here. Just recently finished an in depth scout report on Harvey Elliott. His progressive passing and xA per 90 stats are quite mind-blowing for a 17 year old. See them here https://btlanalysis.wordpress.com/2021/01/13/harvey-elliott-scout-report/

What's his pressing like?

His lack of pace makes me think he won't make it out wide, but he could be a potential long term replacement for Firmino?

37 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

What's his pressing like?

His lack of pace makes me think he won't make it out wide, but he could be a potential long term replacement for Firmino?

He sets traps pretty well. So he's streetwise when it comes to pressing.

I keep hearing this pace thing though and i think we're underestimating it. Of course he's not got outstanding pace but he certainly isn't slow. He makes up for his lack of pace out wide by shifting the ball, feinting and creating new angles quickly. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t know who the fuck you think you are turning up here making good posts and sharing in depth knowledge. Either make a cheap pun, call the owners cunts, make a joke about James Pearce or fuck off!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I don’t know who the fuck you think you are turning up here making good posts and sharing in depth knowledge. Either make a cheap pun, call the owners cunts, make a joke about James Pearce or fuck off!

Hahaha

On 14/01/2021 at 18:17, BetweenTheLines said:

He sets traps pretty well. So he's streetwise when it comes to pressing.

I keep hearing this pace thing though and i think we're underestimating it. Of course he's not got outstanding pace but he certainly isn't slow. He makes up for his lack of pace out wide by shifting the ball, feinting and creating new angles quickly. 

This kind of thing is not well received around here, you need to have a slagging match with someone that lasts at least 3 pages on this thread then take it to another thread where inevitable negs and reps will be flying due to the person you are having the argument with and other Internet persona alliegents.

Balanced views are for the members forums, this area is for calling people a cunt, laughing at stacksy and hearing just how much Baz Wom hates FSG.

Welcome to TLW 

• Upvote 1

Why do we always get screwed over with these tribunals? This report says the fee is £4m but Fulham were looking for nearer £10m so not sure how they'd be "very pleased" with 4m?

Didnt we get screwed and had to pay a 'record' fee determined by a tribunal for someone else not long ago?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56018426

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Why do we always get screwed over with these tribunals? This report says the fee is £4m but Fulham were looking for nearer £10m so not sure how they'd be "very pleased" with 4m?

Didnt we get screwed and had to pay a 'record' fee determined by a tribunal for someone else not long ago?

Danny Ings fee went to a tribunal,I think.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think that tribunal got Edwards'd!

Didn't we make about 15 million profit on Solanke in a couple of years? Not sure about being screwed over. 

They always seem criminally low these tribunal fees. 

i was expecting 6-8 million so 4 million is a steal. Im not going to say he is going to set the world on fire because i did that with Ibe Ojo and Brewster but the signs are looking good