Quantcast
Harvey Elliott - Page 11 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
suzy

Harvey Elliott

The things he tried yesterday may not have come off as he’d like. He’s not in my top 3 for the match. Still he was the one who was constantly looking for that clever short pass in between and behind their defenders. He looks confident, not at all out of his dept and is a handful for any defender. And he’s 16!

In the 2022-23 season he could be a regular starter for us being 19.

Top lad. Would have loved him to have told them to fuck off because of ramos from the outset rather than go over there first. Still, you cant blame a 16 year old kid going to Madrid for a gadge at the gaff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Player negotiations. We signed him a couple of weeks later didnt we.

Maybe. In my mind we signed him after Madrid and not Kiev, but I'm not clear on that. 

Forget the hair thing this kid seems to have everything in his locker to be a top player the future is bright with him  Curtis Jones and Neco Williams coming through the ranks .

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Am I the only one who thinks how did he get a ticket?!

22 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The lads living the dream. 

FB_IMG_1590957032349.jpg

I hope that's his Da behind him because that's a slightly odd photograph angle for a man in a pink T-shirt.

Sometimes you can just see they’re special talents. Of course it doesn’t necessarily mean they make it to the top. Things happen, life happens.

Two examples where they did (I’m not claiming to be a scouting genius here, anyone would have seen it).

I was a student in Sheffield in the early 90’s. Lived close to Bramhall Lane so went to see their Reserves play Liverpool. Can’t even remember the score but I do remember watching a skinny kid nonchalantly chip the keeper during the warm up. The photocopied team sheet told me the kid was called Robbie Fowler.

Another reserve game, a few years later at Elland Road. First few minutes and a young Liverpool midfielder absolutely smashed an opposition player, winning the ball then drilling a pass with a power you just don’t see often. You can probably guess who that was.

The point of this long winded post is that this kid has that ‘something special’ also. He could be an absolute world beater.

Let’s hope that happens for him and for Liverpool. 

9 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Another reserve game, a few years later at Elland Road. First few minutes and a young Liverpool midfielder absolutely smashed an opposition player, winning the ball then drilling a pass with a power you just don’t see often. You can probably guess who that was.

Darren Potter?

• Upvote 3

On 03/06/2020 at 23:25, YorkshireRed said:

According to my Football Manager game at the time it was probably John Welsh.

Was next to him in a traffic jam on Queens Drive not long after he signed, was with my mate who clocked him , he was the passenger in a big 4x4, mate decided to try talking to him. He was a bit removed for a 16 year old if I’m honest, not exactly rude but very nonchalant, the driver who we learnt was his dad was sound and appeared very friendly. Looks a great talent though. 

He was probably finding it a bit strange that a complete stranger is making small talk in a traffic jam tbh and hes only a 16 year old kid who’s just signed for the club he’s supported all his life.

Id imagine in time he’ll probably deal with things like that better because it must take some getting used to, different for blokes in it that’s why his dad was probably sound and on cloud nine his lads signed for Liverpool.

I usually find strange teenage boys more than receptive whenever I pull over in the car to make small talk.

Tell your mate to change his aftershave.

• Upvote 1

Man bun

Liverpool forward Harvey Elliott has signed a three-year deal with the Premier League champions.

It is Elliott's first professional contract, which he was eligible to sign after turning 17 on 4 April.