You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

He very rarely plays well when he starts..he's been superb as a sub. Why that is I don't know, is it tired legs in the opposition is it Elliot himself watching the game from the sidelines and seeing what he needs to do when he comes on. I think he's a good player I don't think if youre picking your first 11 for a league game he's in it.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He very rarely plays well when he starts..he's been superb as a sub. Why that is I don't know, is it tired legs in the opposition is it Elliot himself watching the game from the sidelines and seeing what he needs to do when he comes on. I think he's a good player I don't think if youre picking your first 11 for a league game he's in it.

Tired minds and legs when he comes on. He picks up good position so later on his lack of pace isn't so much a issue maybe. 

He's quality in most things he does. If you could put what he has in Nunez body you'd have a world beater. I thought the same when we had Babel and Benyaoun i

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Me and Stringy have both said this a few times. Thing is though,if his shot against the bar/post had gone in it could have been a different game altogether.

He didn't deserve to be taken off, especially having taken the only decent shot in the whole half. Tsmikas and Jones were the correct calls, but Dom should have waited his turn having stunk the fucking place out for weeks.

I thought it was really shit management from Klopp at the time. Fantastic as a sub for several weeks, warranted another go starting, did "ok" in a really bad team performance full of much worse individual performances than his own, and then was hauled off at half time. 

• Upvote 1