You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Agreed - says alot.

Get the same feelings about Gordon.

This is true, and you never really got that with some of the other youth players the club has hyped up a lot in the past. 

I remember Brewster was in all the videos and such the club was putting out and it really felt forced, or maybe an intentional strategy to keep Rhian onside during contract negotiations, as opposed to this. And I mean fair enough - we sold him for about treble his actual value, so I guess it worked.

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Klopp loves his lads, it makes it all the harder when they force me to slag them off.... Keita!

Keita scored a belter the other day. 

It's like Déjà vu this. Boosterism over a youngster followed by the inevitable realisation that he's okay and nothing more. All whilst the club refuse to spend cash buying any top quality players. They're probably already scouting youth teams across the leagues to see who the next human shield is for our transfer policy 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

It's like Déjà vu this. Boosterism over a youngster followed by the inevitable realisation that he's okay and nothing more. All whilst the club refuse to spend cash buying any top quality players. They're probably already scouting youth teams across the leagues to see who the next human shield is for our transfer policy 

Usually I'd agree, we've seen it so many times.

Harvey isn't one of them though, he's going to be a really special player and I'm fully on board this hype train. 

• Upvote 5

Great to have him back, but he's a kid and he's had a bad injury.

Good opportunity over next while for himself and/or Curtis to show that they can be our midfield tin-opener against packed defences, as much as we've all enjoyed seeing our centre halves pass the ball sideways to our full-backs and vice versa in the opposition's final third in recent months. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Nah. I said the first few times of seeing him play a couple of years ago that he's got the "it" that stands him out from other young players. 

For example I look at Jones and I think he's great and hopefully will have a big part to play for us over the coming years however you never know how they develop and if they can take it up to the required level, personally I think Jones will.

Harvey on the other hand you can just see that baring injury he's going to be top tier, they way the experienced players in the team talk about him, Klopp and his staff too etc. 

This could come back to haunt me in years to come and I'll look a bigger pillock than I am now but he's going to be one of the top English players.

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...