You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh mate bore off. They sent him back so he obviously has a knock. So does Bobby, so does Minamino.

Bore off by picking you up on posting more shite? 

Sent him back as a precaution.

D87754EA-77A0-4A0D-8CE8-06B52D6F3CFA.png

And even if he’s injured, looks like we might have to play some shit bag like Thiago…

Glad your concerned enough about Minamino after saying he’s shite all summer. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

My prediction is that he’ll be first choice for a large part of the remaining season. He was in the team at the start of the season mainly because of his quality.

Yes he’s young, and we had some senior players out at the start of the season, but my prediction is Elliott is far closer to the finished product than his age would maybe suggest. I base that mainly on what I’ve seem from him myself, and what Klopp, Lijnders and others have been saying. He’s got brilliant oberview, decision making and passing range, technically he’s very good and his work rate and intensity also seems to be up to the required level.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

My prediction is that he’ll be first choice for a large part of the remaining season. He was in the team at the start of the season mainly because of his quality.

Yes he’s young, and we had some senior players out at the start of the season, but my prediction is Elliott is far closer to the finished product than his age would maybe suggest. I base that mainly on what I’ve seem from him myself, and what Klopp, Lijnders and others have been saying. He’s got brilliant oberview, decision making and passing range, technically he’s very good and his work rate and intensity also seems to be up to the required level.

giphy.gif

I think Elliott was in the first team at the start of the season due to Klopp simply not fancying what we had and not being certain of the fitness of regulars. He's acquitted himself well but I think there's an element of hyperbole at the moment as he's got better the longer he's been injured. I mean even Curtis Jones return has given the midfield a boost of energy and he's hardly pulling up trees,just playing well enough. 

37 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Elliott was in the first team at the start of the season due to Klopp simply not fancying what we had and not being certain of the fitness of regulars. He's acquitted himself well but I think there's an element of hyperbole at the moment as he's got better the longer he's been injured. I mean even Curtis Jones return has given the midfield a boost of energy and he's hardly pulling up trees,just playing well enough. 

Totally disagree. He was in on merit, to the point where Thiago wasn’t guaranteed to take the shirt off him. One of our best players in the first few games of the season. 

Him, Trent and Salah down that side could be absolute magic if the injury hasn’t affected the kid. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Totally disagree. He was in on merit, to the point where Thiago wasn’t guaranteed to take the shirt off him. One of our best players in the first few games of the season. 

Him, Trent and Salah down that side could be absolute magic if the injury hasn’t affected the kid. 

Except Thiago plays a complete different role to him.

It's Henderson's role he's challenging.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think his performances were an order of magnitude better than Curtis'.  Fascinating to see if he can rekindle that form over the course of the next few months.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Klopp has always been very clear about this, players only get in the team on merit.

A lot of people wanted him to get games at the end of the season when we won the league, but Klopp said he wasn't ready.

I was surprised to see him in midfield though. I still think his best long term position will be taking over from Bobby as a false nine. I don't think he's quick enough to play out wide, but I could see him linking up the midfield to the attack. He's a good finisher as well which will help.