You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

He moves the ball well, but he's a lot to learn positionally I think. While he was our best midfielder yesterday, fab and hendo didn't set the bar high on that one. He's played maybe half a dozen games in this position if you include friendlies, so obviously he has much to learn. I think I'd prefer we had a better option for the big matches at this time. But he's certainly going to make it here, I just think he's not quite ready to be a mainstay of the team just yet. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He moves the ball well, but he's a lot to learn positionally I think. While he was our best midfielder yesterday, fab and hendo didn't set the bar high on that one. He's played maybe half a dozen games in this position if you include friendlies, so obviously he has much to learn. I think I'd prefer we had a better option for the big matches at this time. But he's certainly going to make it here, I just think he's not quite ready to be a mainstay of the team just yet. 

I agree. I wouldn't be playing him against Atletico, for example.

On 24/08/2021 at 17:18, BeefStroganoff said:

Lets give him a chance to develop like.

Yeah lads. Fucking hell - can you not mention him again until he’s in his mid 20s and reached his peak level of playing please? I don’t want to see or hear his name written or mentioned again until that point. Discussion forum? What?

He was brilliant against Chelsea. His vision and distribution is just first class, decision making like a 30 year old. Also the pressing, work rate and defensive contribution was excellent. Only thing missing was a bit more creativity in the final third, and a goal or assist, even if he was our best midfielder also in that department.

My seat in the Kop is towards the right so I had a really good view down the line of the way he was linking up with Trent and Mo in the first half. Some of his first time little chipped passes around the corner and over peoples heads were brilliant.

You can just instantly tell that he’s a really good footballer.

14 hours ago, Brownie said:

My seat in the Kop is towards the right so I had a really good view down the line of the way he was linking up with Trent and Mo in the first half. Some of his first time little chipped passes around the corner and over peoples heads were brilliant.

You can just instantly tell that he’s a really good footballer.

I'm on the other side of the kop and had the same view in the 2nd half. I think those little passes are his most effective skill right now. He's clearly for loads to learn, but he doesn't look out of place either at this level or as a midfielder. 

21 hours ago, an tha said:

Harvey Elliott was eligible for 42 Blackburn matchday squads last season and was available and included in every single one.

Back to us this season and he is injured already.....

He wasn't until he left to represent those England meffs. Nowt to do with us.