You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it depends where you travel from. and I think loads of players aren't vaccinated. 

Its strange if it depends where you are coming from, and not the vaccine.

Edit: found this on the bbc

The NHS Covid Pass - or equivalents in other parts of the UK - allows fully vaccinated adults to avoid quarantine when they return from amber-list countries.

Adults fully vaccinated in the US and most European countries also don't have to self-isolate on arrival from amber-list countries. Those vaccinated in the US can show a CDC card and proof of US residency, such as a passport or Green Card.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's not that simple though is it? I thought think that you have to release players if they are called up for Internationals.

Yeah but surely not when they then can't be allowed to do the job that their employers pay massive sums to acquire them into and pay them them to do?

We are IMO talking about this lark being the difference between us being title challengers or not.

The rules do allow for exemptions, but only for certain events and they haven't updated the list for international football. Euro 2020's still on there though, the only football competition on there. So maybe they'll realise it's due an update.

Section 9.1 of: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-coronavirus-covid-19-measures-for-elite-sport/elite-sport-operations#exemptions

The links for Schedule 11 and 5 show the lists. Football Internationals is on schedule 5.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

So , basically , we will see our title hopes fade away while most of our best players are holed up for 10 days in a Travelodge in Paddington being sexually propositioned by Group 4 employed incels. Seems fair.

Why would it just effect us?

City would be in the same boat with Ederson and Jesus.

11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's not that simple though is it? I thought think that you have to release players if they are called up for Internationals.

If the players refuse to make themselves available, the FA could invoke the five day rule anyway. 

It needs to be done as sensitively as possible up to the point of no return & then you pull rank. 

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Ferguson had it right, players unavailable with a phantom back spasm followed by a miraculous recovery from said phantom back spasm.

How many times did Giggs pull out of Wales games again?

I think the national team doctors now get to examine the players.

48 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

If the players refuse to make themselves available, the FA could invoke the five day rule anyway. 

It needs to be done as sensitively as possible up to the point of no return & then you pull rank. 

I think it's FIFA that invokes the sanction against the player \ club? As usual, FIFA doesnt give a fuck about the 'clubs' or player welfare. They only care that their competition isnt sullied by the lack of stars. The clubs? They just have to miss using their employees due to quarantine.

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it's pretty reasonable to refuse to travel to a red listed country. 

Agreed. Leaving aside the games missed, we don't want them catching it or spreading it to the rest of the squad. You'd like to think everybody's had the vaccinations but I wouldn't bet on it. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

For the player to refuse - yes.

And the club needs to remind the players of their responsibilities

3 minutes ago, aws said:

Agreed. Leaving aside the games missed, we don't want them catching it or spreading it to the rest of the squad. You'd like to think everybody's had the vaccinations but I wouldn't bet on it. 

A mate of mine reckons loads of players across the league are not vaccinated as they've been sucked in by all this anti vax social media bullshit.