You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Because he'll be in a team at the top of the league expected to win and perform everyweek as opposed a team that struggle to finish top half and it's ok if he barely has a kick. He'd also get some CL experience, although that is likely to involve getting turned over every week, but he will at least start learning about how these games are reffed differently and learning to cope with the demands of a weekend game, followed by a trip abroad midweek and back for another Saturday. There are large parts of what he would need to do at rangers that would aid his development. 

Two thirds of the games of utter, utter shite, and they're going to be in the Champions league until late August.

I'd rather he stayed in the Championship, a lesser Premier League club, or went to another top league. But Scotland? Nah.

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Two thirds of the games of utter, utter shite, and they're going to be in the Champions league until late August.

I'd rather he stayed in the Championship, a lesser Premier League club, or went to another top league. But Scotland? Nah.

I'm pretty sure they go directly into the group's next season. 

And have you watched the championship? None of that is preparation for playing for LFC. So you have to take what you can take in terms of development. I would 100% sooner have him there than Blackburn or a prem team in a relegation fight. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm pretty sure they go directly into the group's next season. 

And have you watched the championship? None of that is preparation for playing for LFC. So you have to take what you can take in terms of development. I would 100% sooner have him there than Blackburn or a prem team in a relegation fight. 

Fair enough. I'd rather have him play in League One.

I actually think a move abroad to a decent league would be my first choice for him. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Fair enough. I'd rather have him play in League One.

I actually think a move abroad to a decent league would be my first choice for him. 

as i say, my 1st choice is he plays for a team that dominate games and he needs to find solutions to tough defensive set ups. obviously say playing in Holland or something would be better than playing in scotland - but i think it is important he learns how to play against a wall of a defence - and it's also important he gets his game at one of those clubs. it's why too i think if we end up in the EL he will likely stay as we can give him that type of experience here. 

I get the impression he's got his head screwed on the right way, that's why Klopp has trusted sending him out on loan.

There's always a danger with some of the promising youngsters that they believe their own hype too much and end up going wayward, and my first impression of him was he could be one of those stories again but he seems very mature for his age. 

I also reckon there's a similar decision behind keeping Curtis Jones at the club instead of sending him out on loan. He's probably in need of a bit of extra attention from Klopp and needs a few strong role models like Hendo and Milner around him to keep him on track and grounded.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Social media claiming that Milner is going to give him the number 7 shirt, which suggests that he is going to be very much in the first team picture next season. 

I might be reading into it too much, but this made me quite excited, they seem to have big expectations for the lad so he could be a great player for us for years to come.

It's a huge honour to wear the same shirt number as Harry Kewell and Robbie Keane

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I might be reading into it too much, but this made me quite excited, they seem to have big expectations for the lad so he could be a great player for us for years to come.

It's a huge honour to wear the same shirt number as Harry Kewell and Robbie Keane

That shirt has devalued faster than the British pound after having Keegan,Dalglish and Beardsley previously sporting it.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Social media claiming that Milner is going to give him the number 7 shirt, which suggests that he is going to be very much in the first team picture next season. 

Unless Milner was going to retire I don’t see why Elliot couldn’t wait a year and earn the number 7 shirt next season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

The cunt is that young he probably doesn't know who either of them are! 

1 minute ago, Wezza said:

New contract signed today 

And the echo doesn't even mention how many millions he'll save us

Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott signs new long-term contract

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harvey-elliott-liverpool-contract-breaking-21012028#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare