You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

Judging by the clip attached to the above post, I can see him moving in to the middle eventally, his passing touch seems brilliant. I am quite old fashioned though and I only saw him kick the ball with his right foot once in the whole reel, and while nobody is expecting him to achieve parity between his feet he needs to be able occasionally to switch the ball quickly with his right.

2 hours ago, BetweenTheLines said:

Hi. New poster here. Just recently finished an in depth scout report on Harvey Elliott. His progressive passing and xA per 90 stats are quite mind-blowing for a 17 year old. See them here https://btlanalysis.wordpress.com/2021/01/13/harvey-elliott-scout-report/

Welcome to the site mate.. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, BetweenTheLines said:

Thanks. Hope you all like the scout report. Elliott is an incredible talent. I thought he'd struggle to match the physicality of the Championship to start with and then turn it on just after Christmas. But he's just been unreal right from the start.

Nothing personal, I just wanted to be the first person to neg you. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BetweenTheLines said:

Hi. New poster here. Just recently finished an in depth scout report on Harvey Elliott. His progressive passing and xA per 90 stats are quite mind-blowing for a 17 year old. See them here https://btlanalysis.wordpress.com/2021/01/13/harvey-elliott-scout-report/

What's his pressing like?

His lack of pace makes me think he won't make it out wide, but he could be a potential long term replacement for Firmino?

37 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

What's his pressing like?

His lack of pace makes me think he won't make it out wide, but he could be a potential long term replacement for Firmino?

He sets traps pretty well. So he's streetwise when it comes to pressing.

I keep hearing this pace thing though and i think we're underestimating it. Of course he's not got outstanding pace but he certainly isn't slow. He makes up for his lack of pace out wide by shifting the ball, feinting and creating new angles quickly. 

• Upvote 1

On 14/01/2021 at 18:17, BetweenTheLines said:

He sets traps pretty well. So he's streetwise when it comes to pressing.

I keep hearing this pace thing though and i think we're underestimating it. Of course he's not got outstanding pace but he certainly isn't slow. He makes up for his lack of pace out wide by shifting the ball, feinting and creating new angles quickly. 

This kind of thing is not well received around here, you need to have a slagging match with someone that lasts at least 3 pages on this thread then take it to another thread where inevitable negs and reps will be flying due to the person you are having the argument with and other Internet persona alliegents.

Balanced views are for the members forums, this area is for calling people a cunt, laughing at stacksy and hearing just how much Baz Wom hates FSG.

Welcome to TLW 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why do we always get screwed over with these tribunals? This report says the fee is £4m but Fulham were looking for nearer £10m so not sure how they'd be "very pleased" with 4m?

Didnt we get screwed and had to pay a 'record' fee determined by a tribunal for someone else not long ago?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56018426

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Why do we always get screwed over with these tribunals? This report says the fee is £4m but Fulham were looking for nearer £10m so not sure how they'd be "very pleased" with 4m?

Didnt we get screwed and had to pay a 'record' fee determined by a tribunal for someone else not long ago?

Danny Ings fee went to a tribunal,I think.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think that tribunal got Edwards'd!