You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

17 minutes ago, Elite said:

Surprised it's only 3 years or is that the maximum for a player of his age?

Maximum ffor his age, there is the option for a 2 year extension at the end of the 3 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Harvey Elliott: It’s not a popular haircut<br>I don’t think Jurgen’s a big fan. Sometimes I’ve come in with it tied up in a bit of a new style and he has just looked at it and started laughing.I’ve promised the lads that when I score my first professional goal, it’s coming off

23 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Harvey Elliott: It’s not a popular haircut<br>I don’t think Jurgen’s a big fan. Sometimes I’ve come in with it tied up in a bit of a new style and he has just looked at it and started laughing.I’ve promised the lads that when I score my first professional goal, it’s coming off

Hurry and score then!!!

• 2 months later...

You only had to look at the other clubs tracking him when he was at Fulham to know he had more about him than the average prospect.

There’s no absolute guarantee he’ll reach top-tier heights long-term, but I don’t think the precedent of Klopp loanees not making it at the club is relevant here; he’s 17 and would struggle for games now we’re out of the League Cup, but the fact that he’s already getting starts for a top-half Championship team bodes well.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34650-harvey-elliott-lets-enjoy-this-season-together/

Seems to have started brightly, not sure if they are overrating him or if he really is the real deal. 

He's really good technically. Too good for the Championship on that end, which is why he's looked impressive there. The key with us is he'll have to get a big engine so he can impact games for 90 minutes and improve his end product.

3 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34650-harvey-elliott-lets-enjoy-this-season-together/

Seems to have started brightly, not sure if they are overrating him or if he really is the real deal. 

This was amusing: "If the stars align and we get promoted, would there be an option to buy him? If Brewster ended up at Sheff United, I see not why it should be impossible..." 

Ah, the endless delusional optimism of footy fans.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

This was amusing: "If the stars align and we get promoted, would there be an option to buy him? If Brewster ended up at Sheff United, I see not why it should be impossible..." 

Ah, the endless delusional optimism of footy fans.

Yeah but didn't the next guy follow it up with "yeah I think the Venkys have a spare £100m".

I watched the 3 minute highlight reel of him and he looked like he played well.  I think he lacks pace though.  At that level it doesn’t seem to matter to much.  He’s not a shithouse like Woodburn and he can actually run with ball and beat a player unlike Wilson but similar to both of them I struggle to see what position he fits in the modern game at the top level.  He reminds me of Mata.  The lack of pace is going to kill his chances here I think.

• 1 month later...