You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

The things he tried yesterday may not have come off as he’d like. He’s not in my top 3 for the match. Still he was the one who was constantly looking for that clever short pass in between and behind their defenders. He looks confident, not at all out of his dept and is a handful for any defender. And he’s 16!

In the 2022-23 season he could be a regular starter for us being 19.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Am I the only one who thinks how did he get a ticket?!

22 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The lads living the dream. 

FB_IMG_1590957032349.jpg

I hope that's his Da behind him because that's a slightly odd photograph angle for a man in a pink T-shirt.

Sometimes you can just see they’re special talents. Of course it doesn’t necessarily mean they make it to the top. Things happen, life happens.

Two examples where they did (I’m not claiming to be a scouting genius here, anyone would have seen it).

I was a student in Sheffield in the early 90’s. Lived close to Bramhall Lane so went to see their Reserves play Liverpool. Can’t even remember the score but I do remember watching a skinny kid nonchalantly chip the keeper during the warm up. The photocopied team sheet told me the kid was called Robbie Fowler.

Another reserve game, a few years later at Elland Road. First few minutes and a young Liverpool midfielder absolutely smashed an opposition player, winning the ball then drilling a pass with a power you just don’t see often. You can probably guess who that was.

The point of this long winded post is that this kid has that ‘something special’ also. He could be an absolute world beater.

Let’s hope that happens for him and for Liverpool. 

9 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Another reserve game, a few years later at Elland Road. First few minutes and a young Liverpool midfielder absolutely smashed an opposition player, winning the ball then drilling a pass with a power you just don’t see often. You can probably guess who that was.

Darren Potter?

• Upvote 3

On 03/06/2020 at 23:25, YorkshireRed said:

According to my Football Manager game at the time it was probably John Welsh.

Was next to him in a traffic jam on Queens Drive not long after he signed, was with my mate who clocked him , he was the passenger in a big 4x4, mate decided to try talking to him. He was a bit removed for a 16 year old if I’m honest, not exactly rude but very nonchalant, the driver who we learnt was his dad was sound and appeared very friendly. Looks a great talent though. 

He was probably finding it a bit strange that a complete stranger is making small talk in a traffic jam tbh and hes only a 16 year old kid who’s just signed for the club he’s supported all his life.

Id imagine in time he’ll probably deal with things like that better because it must take some getting used to, different for blokes in it that’s why his dad was probably sound and on cloud nine his lads signed for Liverpool.

• 1 month later...