You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

Guest Pistonbroke
35 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

How many people viewed Bernado’s post? A few million? He could be out for a while.

Going by Elliot#s punishment I reckon they are going to cover Silva in hot tar and feathers. 

You boys need to understand that Silva has been given an extra week to respond while they decide which FA project Abu Dhabi are going sponsor, after which they’ll ruffle his hair, tell him not to do it again the little scamp, and send him on his way....

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You boys need to understand that Silva has been given an extra week to respond while they decide which FA project Abu Dhabi are going sponsor, after which they’ll ruffle his hair, tell him not to do it again the little scamp, and send him on his way....

If it was Sir harry Kane or Sir Harry Maguire than maybe, but he's Portuguese, so expect a Spanish* Inquisition.  

* The F.A think that Portugal is just an extension to Spain. 

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

How many people viewed Bernado’s post? A few million? He could be out for a while.

Is that relevant?

If, say, both Paul Pogba and some no-mark from Morecambe reserves shared the same offensive tweet, surely they should get the same punishment, despite the gulf in Twitter numbers. 

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Is that relevant?

If, say, both Paul Pogba and some no-mark from Morecambe reserves shared the same offensive tweet, surely they should get the same punishment, despite the gulf in Twitter numbers. 

I’m really just being a bit of an arse, and not posting seriously, but yeah maybe it does matter?

If you called someone something racist on twitter would it have a different effect if the Prime Minister did the same thing?

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I’m really just being a bit of an arse, and not posting seriously, but yeah maybe it does matter?

If you called someone something racist on twitter would it have a different effect if the Prime Minister did the same thing?

That's not really the same thing. I'm not a politician, so I wouldn't be liable for the same work-related sanctions as the PM.

If we're going to take the number of people who see the offence into consideration, then you'd get all sorts of inconsistencies: for example, a player in a non-televised match might shout a racist insult which is clearly witnessed by about 100 people; another player in a televised match might shout the exact same thing and have it witnessed by millions. I wouldn't expect the second player to get a ban tens of thousands of times longer than the first. 

45 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's not really the same thing. I'm not a politician, so I wouldn't be liable for the same work-related sanctions as the PM.

If we're going to take the number of people who see the offence into consideration, then you'd get all sorts of inconsistencies: for example, a player in a non-televised match might shout a racist insult which is clearly witnessed by about 100 people; another player in a televised match might shout the exact same thing and have it witnessed by millions. I wouldn't expect the second player to get a ban tens of thousands of times longer than the first. 

I think your first paragraph is skirting the issue, as it’s obvious the point wasn’t work related sanctions, it was the different effect different people being racist has.

Do you accept the Prime Minister being racist on social media has more detrimental effect than you being racist?

12 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I think your first paragraph is skirting the issue, as it’s obvious the point wasn’t work related sanctions, it was the different effect different people being racist has.

Do you accept the Prime Minister being racist on social media has more detrimental effect than you being racist?

Yes, I accept that; but the whole discussion here is about FA sanctions and whether someone's punishment should be increased because there are more witnesses. 

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yes, I accept that; but the whole discussion here is about FA sanctions and whether someone's punishment should be increased because there are more witnesses. 

The fact that he plays for City, and is a cunt should count

• Upvote 2