You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rank the trophies

Pureblood

SportPesa trophy

Transfer window

League cup

Premier League

FA Cup

Champions League

The world club cup, charity shield and super cup will change their relevance depending on who wins them.

• Upvote 3

European Super Cup?  A match between last season’s European champions and the 17th best team in Europe? What’s the point? You don’t see PGA promote a match between last year’s winner of the US Open against the best player who didn’t make the cut on Friday do you? It’s as interesting as a clash between the winners of the PL and the Championship. I do hope we field a reserve team for that one. I really don’t care if we win or lose it. Trophy? Don’t make me laugh. It’s rubbish.

World Club Cup? One good team from Europe, one useful one from South America depending on whether their players have been sold to Europe yet or not, and some rubbish teams.  If the European Super Cup is like a match between the winners of the PL and the Championship the World Club cup is like a tournament between the winners of the PL, the Championship, League 1 and League2.  Call that a trophy? Laughs can be heard coming out of my butt.

Charity Shield. I can live with that because it’s tradition and was instigated as a fund raiser for charity purposes. An OK way to get the season started. Trophy? Not in a million years. Don’t care about the “trophy” but would still like us to beat M City.

Premier League

Champions League

There's no point talking about domestic cups since we don't have the squad to take them serious for quite some time now. 

Couldn't give two fucks about the glorified friendlies but no doubt the money men will have have us going well out for the super cup and that shite in December. 

11 hours ago, JustTosh said:

European Super Cup?  A match between last season’s European champions and the 17th best team in Europe? What’s the point? You don’t see PGA promote a match between last year’s winner of the US Open against the best player who didn’t make the cut on Friday do you? It’s as interesting as a clash between the winners of the PL and the Championship. I do hope we field a reserve team for that one. I really don’t care if we win or lose it. Trophy? Don’t make me laugh. It’s rubbish.

World Club Cup? One good team from Europe, one useful one from South America depending on whether their players have been sold to Europe yet or not, and some rubbish teams.  If the European Super Cup is like a match between the winners of the PL and the Championship the World Club cup is like a tournament between the winners of the PL, the Championship, League 1 and League2.  Call that a trophy? Laughs can be heard coming out of my butt.

Charity Shield. I can live with that because it’s tradition and was instigated as a fund raiser for charity purposes. An OK way to get the season started. Trophy? Not in a million years. Don’t care about the “trophy” but would still like us to beat M City.

We havent won the World Club Cup in 3 or 4 times of trying our best to do just that. Many great teams have won it and its one we need to tick off our list.

I don't really agree, but if winning it once is what it takes to make us not care the next 20 years, OK, let's win it.

To me the tournament is a good place to give our young guns a good experience, so I'd prefer if we did that. Suspect FIFA demands us to field a strong team though.

16 hours ago, JustTosh said:

I read this in the style of the Ronseal bloke.

8 hours ago, JustTosh said:

I don't really agree, but if winning it once is what it takes to make us not care the next 20 years, OK, let's win it.

To me the tournament is a good place to give our young guns a good experience, so I'd prefer if we did that. Suspect FIFA demands us to field a strong team though.

You have to be European Champions to compete in it so its a pleasant consequence of being that.

Got to love the few voices getting louder with every step closer to the new season about how these "meaningless friendlies" are pointless and we should fuck them off (super cup and club world cup in particular).  It was only a few years ago we were languishing in 17th with Woy at the helm, on the brink of administration and the thought of those rubbish shiny pots were as realistic as a tramadol induced hallucination.  Some people need a reality check as they'll be the first to complain if we have the audacity to draw a league game this year.

Now that's out of the way I actually like this topic so i'll go;

Winning number 7

Winning number 19

Club World Cup

Super Cup

Fa Cup

League Cup

Charity shield

• Upvote 1

I think such a question is always dependent on what you've recently achieved.

As won the Champions League last season I’d now have winning the Premier League absolutely streets ahead of winning the Champions League.  Last season I’d have had the Premier League streets head of winning the Champions League because of how long it’s been since we’ve won it.  However, had we won the league under Rodgers that season, then I’d have the Champions League ahead of it.  So it all depends on recent history.

If I wanted to give a genuine answer on where I rank them then I think the question would suggest that we had won the league and European cup last season and so what do you want to win now.  And the answer then would be:

European Cup

League Title

FA Cup

League Cup

Club World Cup

Super Cup

Charity Shield.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2019 at 11:04, Remmie said:

SportPesa trophy

Transfer window

League cup

Premier League

FA Cup

Champions League

The world club cup, charity shield and super cup will change their relevance depending on who wins them.

The Kariobanga Sharks are top dogs then.