You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rank the trophies

Pureblood

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Seven trophies are up for grabs and word on the street is that Klopp wants the lot.

How would YOU rank the trophies?

Mine would be...

UEFA Champions League

Premier League

FIFA Club World Cup

FA Cup

League Cup

UEFA Super Cup

FA Community Shield

Pretty much

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Champions League

Premier League

FA Cup (not the competition it was, but it has been far too long since we last won it)

Club World Cup (just because we’ve never won it)

League Cup

Super Cup

Community Shield

This 110% although I'd take the league over the Champions League next season because we need that monkey off our back badly 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Champions League

Premier League

FA Cup (not the competition it was, but it has been far too long since we last won it)

Club World Cup (just because we’ve never won it)

League Cup

Super Cup

Community Shield

Tony knows.  

The European Cup is still the most prestigious but I'd put the PL just above it for now as it's the one I'm most desperate for us to win. The Community Shield is bottom of the pile. I'd go:

Premier League

Champions League

Club World Cup (would be the first time we'd have won it if we manage to do so)

FA Cup (it's been ages, but it's still a cup I'd like us to win even though the FA and the TV networks have absolutely ruined it)

UEFA Super Cup (put the Rentboys back in their box)

League Cup (has a shitty sponsor name and the fixture schedule would play havoc with our other commitments since all bar the final are played out before the end of January)

Community Shield

The ideal scenario is having enough strength in depth to go all-in on the lot of them, but that it very unrealistic without financial (and probably physical) doping. It's worth noting that this season there will be a winter break in February, so a chance for the players and coaches to recharge their batteries by playing lucrative friendlies in the Middle East. At least those games come without the stress and intensity of proper competition.

• Upvote 1

They rank in importance in the running order. Charity Shield is most important because it's the first one up. Win that, then think about the others sequentially until we have won them all.

Guest Pistonbroke

PL

CL

Although I'd say the first two are pretty equal, it would just be nice to win the league after so many years without that title.

F.A Cup

World Cup

League Cup

Super Cup

Charity Shield

On 27/07/2019 at 23:38, TK421 said:

Seven trophies are up for grabs and word on the street is that Klopp wants the lot.

How would YOU rank the trophies?

Mine would be...

UEFA Champions League

Premier League

FIFA Club World Cup

FA Cup

League Cup

UEFA Super Cup

FA Community Shield

+1

• Upvote 1

I’d rank each as the most important as they come up or come to an end.

Next week against City in the Community Shield is the most important if only because, whether we agree or not, it’s a marker going forwards, the losers always say it doesn’t matter, but they would wouldn’t they, the winners still celebrate and, being City, I’d be annoyed if we lost to them.

Beating Chelsea in the Super Cup, the same as above.

World Club Championship, then League Cup, League (by just after Easter preferably), FA Cup and then Champions League in Istanbul to complete the magnificent seven.

I know it’s not really feasible and, sensibly, the club will no doubt have priorities, but I’m an arlarse and I just like to see us compete for big shiny things, it’s who we are.

I know that I don’t want to finish one point off the title again more than anything, so if I’m pushed, the League then anything else please.

18 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'm amazed anyone would rank the Super Cup above the FA Cup? The Super Cup is totally pointless, no way does it come close to the FA Cup in importance or prestige IMO.

The way I view it use you have to be a CL winner to participate in the Super Cup. 

Even Everton participate in the FA Cup. 

• Upvote 1