You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FPL Draft Game

Allan

So I've got more team-points than the team 1st, yet I'm 6th and 13 pts behind the top after 10 games. How does that work?! No 2 living a bit of a charmed life at the top there.

8 hours ago, Alex_K said:

So I've got more team-points than the team 1st, yet I'm 6th and 13 pts behind the top after 10 games. How does that work?! No 2 living a bit of a charmed life at the top there.

The h2h format is definitely a less pure type of game but it's more fun really and it distinguishes it further from normal FPL. 

I was in one last year, I only won the league on the last day of the season when I beat the guy who was above me, despite the fact that I had loads more points than him overall. At least 150 if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

The h2h format is definitely a less pure type of game but it's more fun really and it distinguishes it further from normal FPL. 

I was in one last year, I only won the league on the last day of the season when I beat the guy who was above me, despite the fact that I had loads more points than him overall. At least 150 if I recall correctly. 

Yeah my post was half in jest -- this one is a lot of fun & more absorbing than the typical, my only preference in another one would be to enable transfers between teams, as that adds another element to the game. I'm sure No. 2s luck will even out over the season ; )

20 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Yeah my post was half in jest -- this one is a lot of fun & more absorbing than the typical, my only preference in another one would be to enable transfers between teams, as that adds another element to the game. I'm sure No. 2s luck will even out over the season ; )

Any time I've been in a league with trades switched on, nobody has ever used it. The thing that puts me off is that it's open to abuse. That is quite unlikely though, I suppose. 

18 hours ago, Alex_K said:

It's fucking great, every team bar the bottom 2 have more points than me. It's the sign of a top team can win while not playing well. God help you when they click.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

If he didn’t come on you would’ve won the tie.

Yeah my luck has been really really bad. Shit first draft then the last few I’ve lost in weeks I would have beaten almost all others I faced .. I came into the full game FF late but determined to make up for lost ground there instead now .. I was sure I’d get those Origi points but Pepe and Jorginho did me in with about 30 mins combined .. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

What the hell is that this week?! Bob beaten by Alex by 77 to 68. That must be the highest scoring game of the season by a distance?

I know .. I was gearing up to post a “FML” tonight as I could have easily lost that had the City game gone differently. Bob has Bernardo Silva, Jesus and Ederson .. lucky for me Jesus is hopeless in front of goal or Id have lost that one!!

11 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Hard to have too much sympathy when he has 19 more league points than me despite having less FF game points ;) 

My luck has dried up, I was winning matches with 25 points earlier in the season, this week's total was the equivalent of Liverpool losing the title with 97 points. In saying that Harry Maguire got me 15 points when it should have been minus 2 or 3.

9 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Yes, it's been more random/volatile than when I've done it before in other seasons. Still, it's a good variation on the normal FPL game 

Yeah it’s very good fun- first time I’ve done any FF but quite absorbing. This season has just swung by 

• 4 months later...
Guest Alex_K

Not sure if anyone is still actively playing this but if so, is the league broken for you? None of the results are showing as updated since post-lockdown football resumed

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Not sure if anyone is still actively playing this but if so, is the league broken for you? None of the results are showing as updated since post-lockdown football resumed

Yeah it is I think... not sure what’s happening.

Guest Alex_K
1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Yeah it is I think... not sure what’s happening.

Ok cheers glad I’m not going mad. Pretty poor effort from PL 

• 1 month later...